Entry 5: Twinleaf Town

10:15 AM

I told Elaine about Elf, that I was a high school student from Australia, and that I had only ten years in this world before I could go back home. I didn't know if she thought I was telling the truth or not though, I also didn't know if emotions can convey if a person is lying or not since Ralts can sense the emotions of others through their horns. Though overall, it seemed as if she accepted what happened and didn't give it a second thought.

After I told Elaine my story, she fell asleep in my arms. It left me alone with my thoughts. I was able to just relax for a moment and listen to the radio on my Pokégear. It was playing the theme to Twinleaf Town. Why is it that the music perfectly describes the situation? Is this Elf's doing? Strangely, despite getting no sleep for nearly twenty-four hours, I wasn't tired. Maybe this body had some sleep of its own before I inhabited it? I still couldn't fully believe it, I was in the world of Pokémon, with a Ralts in my arms. I never even had dreams that were this wish-fulfilling.

There was a knock at the door, which woke up Elaine. "Hello? You in there?" The voice wasn't Lucas's or Johanna's, it was a new voice yet, it wasn't new. I've heard it before, years ago.

"Yeah, hold on." I stood up, making sure the towel was tight around my waist. I opened the door to see a girl, very similar to Johanna but a lot younger, she looked to be roughly the same age as Lucas and was just a bit shorter than him. She had dark blue eyes, hair of the same colour that reached just above her waist. She wore a short sleeveless black and pink dress over a white undershirt. It was the female playable character. Her canonical name was...

"Hi, I'm Dawn! Mom told me to give these to you." She held out a basket with all my clothes inside it. "Mum," are Dawn and Lucas siblings? That's different. Wait, then who's Professor Rowan's assistant? Does Professor Rowan have an assistant? Oh, wait. I'm supposed to talk right now.

"Hi, I'm Jack. Thanks for my clothes." I said as I took the load of washing. "Could you tell your mother thanks for cleaning them? She's a lifesaver."

"No need to worry." Then she jogged down the hall.

Only two sentences and I already get her catchphrase. I took a long look at the uniform in the basket. I need to buy more undies. "Hey Elaine, can you turn around for a moment?" With that, I got dressed in the white shirt and jeans that Johanna had lent me, and folded my school uniform into my bag, including my size thirteen school shoes. I'm going to have to buy new shoes and socks as well. 

I walked out of the bathroom and went down the stairs to the living room. The layout of the house was very similar to the house in the games, but there was an extra floor between the main floor and the bedrooms, plural, as opposed to the single bedroom in the games. I could hear the sound of something sizzling on a pan. Oh god, I'm getting hungry.

Lucas and Dawn were both playing with the Turtwig that Lucas had received earlier that day on the pair of bean bags in front of the TV. A cat-like Pokémon was sleeping on the table, it had a long tail that curled multiple times, it was Johanna's Glameow. I turned the corner to see Johanna putting some chicken fillets onto a pan. Wait... do chickens exist? What is she cooking? Is she cooking Pokémon? "What you cooking?" I asked as casually as I could muster, Elaine must have been able to sense my nervousness since she turned in my arms to look at me.