Entry 18: Futures and Fiction

???

...

Open it...

Force it open...

It's your only chance...

...

"Where's Jack?"

"He's not in his room?"

"Jack, where are you?"

...

"Jack?!"

...

"Jack!!!"

01/07/2007 – 08:10 AM

I woke up with a start. I was in one of the Pokémon Centre's rooms. What... was that? Mum was calling me, I think. Have I had that dream before? Force it open... force what open? Yeah, I'm getting a strong case of deja vu.

"Deja vu," I sang softly, "I've just been in this place before. Higher on the beat. And I know it's my place to go."

"Vm..." Elaine groaned.

"Oh, right, sorry. Good morning."

"Vu."

09:30 AM

"So you said Aipom's going to convince Ash to compete in the contest?" Lucas asked as we watched his twin sister's and the older boy's training sessions.

"Yeah, I don't know when it'll happen though. So I don't know how long we'll have to wait." The two of us were sitting on a bench situated on the sidelines of a Pokémon Battlefield. Elaine was asleep in my arms in what was becoming a common occurrence.

"Didn't you say it might even happen tomorrow even?"

"Yeah, I did say that."

"I'm pretty sure that the registration period ends this afternoon though, so if it doesn't happen soon, he might be too late."

"Oh, registration." I failed at holding in a snigger.

"What are you laughing at?"

"Oh, you'll see."

"Why can't you just tell me?"

"Spoilers."

"Okay?... Hey, did you see Dawn's new dress? Mom sent one to her, and it arrived this morning."

"Well... What do you think?"

"What do you mean what do I... Oh. You're saying you've seen it already while you were... back home."

"Yep."

"Should we tell the others about it?"

Suddenly, a new voice chimed in. "Tell the others about what?"

Lucas jumped, "Oh, geez. You scared me. Good morning Misty. Good Morning Azurill."

Azurill, chirped in Misty's arms.

"Morning," I echoed.

"So, what were you guys talking about?" Misty asked.

"Uh..." Lucas stammered, "Um... We, uh..."

"We were talking about the laws of probability," I interrupted, "and how it applies to the training regiment put in place by one Ash Ketchum."

Misty stood there in silence. "What?"