Entry 9: The Grand Adventure

???

A door...

Behind it, a box...

Through the door...

Locked, behind me...

Locked, in front...

Not locked...

Stuck...

"Force it open..."

Which one...?

"Your choice..."

How...?

...

...

...

22/06/2007 – 07:30 AM

I came to consciousness, jeez, when did it get so bright? Elaine and I were in the same position we were when we went to sleep. I lifted my top arm, which seemed to wake her up.

"Morning, Elaine."

"Vuha, Ch- Jack."

I am so glad this isn't a dream.

09:00 AM

"We ready to go?" I asked the twins.

"I am," Lucas replied, "but Dawn's still in the bathroom."

"Hold on!" She shouted, "I'm brushing my hair- Piplup, stop! I'll be there in a second." It sounded like she would take a while.

I decided to use this wealth of time to initiate conversation, "Hey, Lucas?"

"Yes?" he replied.

I asked, "Have you ever met Professor Rowan?"

"I just did yesterday."

"Oh, yeah I meant before that."

"Um... I don't think so?"

"What's he like?"

"He's pretty stern-looking," Lucas described, "like when he talked to Barry and me, it felt like I was in trouble and talking to the principal."

"But he's nice, yeah?"

"I... think so, yeah."

In trouble with the principal, huh? "I made a song a few years ago about a principal."

"You make music?"

"Well, it's something I do for fun."

"Could you show me that principal song?"

"Uh... I don't have the backing music with me so I can't do the whole thing."

"That's fine, you could sing without music, right?"

"I could, but..."

"You don't want to?"

"Not really."

"Oh... That's okay." He seemed really down about that.

I had one point sung what's colloquially known as 'The Bin Song,' where I play the role of an evil principal who is stealing a rubbish bin, in front of kids at my old Primary School. For the rest of the week, I was pestered to sing it again. Why did I even mention it?