Chapter 8

Me having a special relationship with the headmaster...?

"... that's totally ridiculous!" I blurted out. I can feel my cheeks heating up.

I can't believe that somebody is opening to me about this. A strange girl. What is she up to? Why did she suddenly ask me that as if we're close?

"Oh..." the girl covered her mouth with her palm. "For real? I thought—"

"Definitely not. We're not something like that," I denied, shaking my head.

"Are you really sure?" lumapit siya sa akin kaya napaatras agad ako. "I feel something fishy kasi. Palagi ko kayong nakikitang magkasama. I even saw you getting inside his car!"

My eyes went round as well as my mouth. Ang tsismosa naman ng babaeng 'to. I don't even know. And heck, again, we're not close enough for her to ask me that personal question!

I silently studied the girl infront of me. Hindi naman mukhang masama ang babaeng 'to. She has a wavy brunette hair down to his waist. She's almost tall as me. She's in her uniform; looks like she's really a freshman.

"Why are you asking something like that?" 

"Kasi crush ko siya! I fell in love with the headmaster since day one!" she squealed. I almost stumbled on my own feet when I heard that. "I really want to get close sa Headmaster!"

"And... so?" I raised a brow. "Does it have anything to do with me?"

"Gusto ko lang sabihin na kung may something kayo, pwede pasali din ako?"

Kung may kinakain lang ako, baka nabulunan na ako. She was so brave to say that and I was taken aback! My mouth almost fell to the
ground. She's starting to make me feel awkward. Hindi ko alam kung saan pupunta ang pag-uusap na 'to.

"I can't believe you..." I shook my head unbelievably. "Who the hell are you, anyway?"

"I'm Frech!" inilahad niya ang kamay sa akin. "Frechine Cajegas!"

Nagdalawang isip pa ako kung tatanggapin ko ba 'yon pero sa huli ay tinanggap ko na lang. I don't want to be rude. She looks kind naman. Pero bakit ganito siya? Hindi ba siya nahihiya sa mga pinagsasabi niya?

"My name is—"

"Pierce!" she cutted me off.

"You know me?"

"Of course! Matagal na," her smile widened. "I stalked your Facebook accounts. You don't like posting pala. I sent a friend request to you but you haven't accept it."

Napatanga ako sa babae. Hindi ko alam kung ano ang mararamdaman ko sa moment na 'to. Ang honest niya. And wait, what? she stalked me?

"Uhm, can we be friends? Please? I really want to have a friend like you!" she added, clasping her hands together while making a puppy eyes.

This girl... she's super weird. It's kinda creepy now.

"Oh, no. I have to go somewhere pa pala. I need to go now," she looked at her wrist watch. "See you when I see you, Pierce!"

I awkwardly lifted my hand to wave back at her until she was gone from my sight. What a weirdo. Maybe she had hit her head somewhere.

"I thought you don't have friends."

"She's not my friend," I responded unconsciously when someone suddenly spoke behind me.

Nanlaki ang mata ko. Mabilis akong napalingon ako sa likod ko. Walang tao. No one is standing behind me. At wala akong nakikitang tao sa hallway maliban sa akin.