Chapter 1

Note: Unedited :)

* * *

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the new headmaster of Saint Laurent University. . . Mr. Cebastian De Fermoso!"

The crowd started to get wilder and wilder as the man, wearing a black suit, walked towards the mic. I can't believe it. I am expecting that the new headmaster would be bald or maybe looks like a skimpy old man.

But it was the opposite. The man-the new headmaster-was like a living Jack Frost. His well neatened curly raven hair really suited his undeniably drop dead gorgeous face features. No wonder, the girls were screaming to the top of their lungs.

He is tall and his lean body was well built. I think. He doesn't look like a skimpy old man at all. He is more like a hot senior student. May bagong pagkakaguluhan na naman ang mga students sa campus. Mapapa-age doesn't matter ka na lang talaga.

Except me. I'm a good student. Hindi-hinding ako magkaka-crush sa taong nandito lang sa campus.

As he took over the microphone from the master of the ceremony, he wandered his eyes around the stadium that is filled with the out of control students of SLU. They're literally screaming while the other teachers looks like about to pass out.

Sana gayahin nila ako, tahimik lamang.

"Silence."

The new headmaster's deep voice filled every corner of the stadium. One word from him silenced the crowd as if an angel from heaven just passed by.

Napatakip ako sa bibig ko nang maramdamang natatawa ako for some reason. Pero hindi parin nakatakas ang tawa ko sa pandinig ng katabi kong upuan. They glared at me.

I made a peace sign before lowering my head. I cleared my throat before I decided to put my ear pods on, not minding their stares anymore. I bet they're trying to know who I am.

I took my book out of my backpack and started reading the page where I left a bookmark. I don't feel like listening to anyone today. I'm not interested.

A minute later, I looked up when I felt that someone is poking my shoulder. Oh, no. It's one of the teachers sitting nearby. She looks like she was about to puke or what. Her eyes seems like giving me a death glare.

"Yes, Ma'am?" I asked in a soft tone.

Instead of stating what she want from me, without a warning, she grabbed my book from my hand and took my ear pods out of my ears. She looked at me, now obviously glaring at me.

My eyes widened. "Ma'am, what-"

"It's rude not to listen when someone is speaking infront of you. You can have your things back after the program," the teacher said before she walked away from me.

I slumped my back on the seat and folded my arms over my chest. I sighed as my lips twitched in annoyance. Ah, this is torture. I want my earpods back!

Nag-angat ako ng tingin sa stage at bahagya akong natigilan nang matagpuan ng mata ko ang lalaking nakaupo na ngayon sa upuan niya.

He is looking back at me without any expression.

What are you looking at? I wanted to ask him but that would be rude. I'm a student and he's the headmaster. I don't want to create any misunderstanding between the two of us. I don't want to get kick out of the school.

Iniwas ko nalang ang tingin ko sa kaniya at tumingin nalang sa kung saan. Wait, tapos na ba siya sa speech niya? That fast? Sino pa ang pakikinggan ko?

After the program, I immediately went to the disciplinarian's office to get back my book and earpods. Thankfully, I didn't last any longer in the disciplinarian's office. Nakuha ko agad ang mga gamit ko.

Now, I am crossing the hallway with my earpods on. Unlike other students, i don't have any friends to walk with me. Being alone is peaceful. Outcast moments.

Then suddenly, I bumped into something. Nakayuko kasi ako habang naglalakad.

Napasimangot ako. Muntik ko na kasing mabitawan ang dala kong libro. "Ano ba yan!"

Nag-angat ako ng tingin sa harap ko. Ngunit muntik na akong matumba sa kinatatayuan ko nang makita kung sino ang nabangga ko. He was looking at me with the same expression earlier. Cold and stoic.

It was the new Headmaster. I think his name was Cebastian De Fermoso. That's what I heard earlier.

Mabilis akong yumuko para humingi ng tawad. "S-Sorry po!"

"What's your name?"

Mabilis na tumibok nang mabilis ang puso ko. Why naman kasi tinanong agad pangalan ko, sis? Patay ako nito. Balik disciplinarian na naman.

Napatitig ako sa lalaking nasa harapan ko. Nagdadalawang isip ako kung sasabihin ko ba sa kaniya ang pangalan ko o hindi. What if tumakbo nalang ako palayo sa kaniya?

"Oi."

Napaayos ako nang tayo. His eyes never left mine. He was staring directly at me with his piercing grey with a tint of blue eyes.

"P-Pierce," mabilis na sagot ko. "My name is Pierce, S-Sir."

He jerked his head to the side and purse his lips. Bigla akong nailang at kinabahan sa ginawa niya. He is taller than me at may kakaiba talaga sa awra niya. And his eyes feels like searching for something.

"Pierce..." he stood up straight, sliding both of his hands on the pocket of his slacks. "Nice name."

"Thanks. . .po?" my lips formed into a raw smile.

I don't know how to address him or to interact with with him! Really. He really looks younger but older than me. I don't know how to describe him. But yeah, just like what i said, he is drop dead gorgeous.

Iniwas ko ang tingin ko sa kaniya dahil hindi ko na kaya pang makipagtitigan sa kaniya. Hindi ko kaya. Masiyado siyang malakas tumitig. 'Yung titig na pati kaluluwa mo matatakot.

"Pierce Ruiz?" he suddenly called.

"Po, Sir?" my heart pounded for some reason when he called me by my full name.

A corner of his mouth lifted. "Take care."

He then left without looking back at me. It was too late before I realized that I can't remember saying my last name infront of him. And this is my first encounter with him.

So. . . how?

* * *

Note: Please do correct me if I made mistake with my grammars and whatsoever :) and also, I'm open for criticisms. Thank you!