staphylus ceos

chapter fifty five: staphylus ceos

After you and Osamu step out of the bus, you sling Hinata's gun around your shoulder and walk around to check the tires. Neither you nor Osamu say anything as you walk separate ways, planning to meet up together in the back.

"The ones on this side look alright, how 'bout your-" you begin before you see Osamu with a gun to his head. Behind him stands a man with black hair and thin blue eyes. In any other context, you'd think he'd look like a nice person. "Shit."

"Hey there, sweetheart. You're Y/N, aren't ya? Well, I think your friends forgot to mention that there was someone else living with them after you left. That, or maybe they were just too stupid to notice. My name is Akaashi. Bokuto and I were pretty good friends," he smiles.

"Well, Bokuto's long fucking gone. You'll need to go to hell to find him," you say as you pull your gun from your shoulder. "I can send you there if you'd like."

"I think I've got a better plan, you little whore. Bo did tell me you were always good at following his directions," he grins.

"What the fuck do you want, Ak-ass-hi," you respond, saying his name incorrectly on purpose.

"You to join him," he smiles. "Take your own fucking life or I'll take your friend's."

"I can see how you'd be friends with Bokuto," you scoff. "You're fucking insane. There's two of us here against just you. Why would I listen to you?"

"You're just as stupid as the rest of 'em," he laughs as he tightens his grip on Osamu. "If you don't shoot yourself I'll shoot him right in the head. What more do you want?"

"Y/N, don't-"

"Shut the fuck up, I didn't say it was your decision, did I?" Akaashi whispers sternly at Osamu. "And keep it down, I don't need the others finding out."

"Fuck you," Osamu continues to spit back.

"I'm serious, you piece of shit. Don't test me-"

"Fine!" you interrupt as you spin your gun and press the muzzle against the side of your head just like Akaashi is doing to Osamu. "Samu, the second I do it, make your move. Don't get distracted or he'll kill you, too."

"Y/N, what the fuck are you thinking?" he shouts at you. "Don't you dare!"

"It's okay," you say to him, though you're really trying to reassure yourself. The last thing you want right now is for your life to end when you're so close to getting off this god-forsaken island. Especially now that you've found Suna and a whole group of friends who have made you happy.

You don't want to let Bokuto win. He already got his satisfaction with Tsukishima, Kuroo, and Atsumu. You don't want to be the next win, but what choice do you have? It's either you or Osamu and you've already resolved that you aren't going to let anyone else die on your watch.

"Osamu, make sure you get off this fucking island," you say as you close your eyes and remove the safety lock. However, just as you're about to give in and pull the trigger, another shot is heard a second earlier. You open your eyes and see Osamu moving away from Akaashi who hits the ground with a loud thud. Behind him stands Suna.

Immediately, you drop your gun and fall to your knees. "No fucking way," you say to no one in particular as you try to piece together what just happened. "Holy shit."

Suna walks up to you and bends down on his knees. He places his hand on your back and rubs softly, quietly trying to calm you down.

"You just saved my fucking life, Suna," you whisper.

"Yeah well add it to the list of things you owe me for," he teases.

"Fuck you," you scoff as you shake your head and look up at him.

"You're welcome."

Upon realizing that he really did save you from killing yourself, you throw your arms around him and pull him tightly against you. "Thank you, Rin," you sob into his shoulder. "I'd be dead without you."

"It's okay, Y/N. You're alright," he hums back softly.

"Yeah, he's dead alright," Osamu nods as he kicks Akaashi's body before bending down and beginning to rifle through Akaashi's pockets. "Down to hell where he belongs."

Relieved, you look back at Suna and sigh. He places his hand softly against the side of your face and gently slides his hand down to cup your cheek. Then, as your brain is still spinning, he leans close to you and kisses you on the forehead.

"I'm so glad I got out here in time," he whispers quietly as he lingers so close to you, though you can hardly hear him over the loud beating of your heart.

"Okay, freaks, get back to the bus. The wheels look alright," Osamu interrupts once more. "That asshole put a bunch of rocks in front of the wheels on the side I checked. I'll move 'em out of the way, you two go back inside."

"Alright, thanks, Osamu," Suna nods as he pulls away from you and takes you by the hand. He then slides your arm around his shoulder and carefully helps you stand up. Together, the two of you then walk back to the bus entrance.

When you get inside, the others stare at you both with wide eyes. "I told you guys everything would be alright, calm down," Suna sighs. "I took care of it."

"What happened?" Hinata asks.

"Where Osamu?" Kenma chimes in.

"He's coming," you tell them, "he's just fixing the wheels. He'll be right up. As for what happened, Suna saved my life."

Oikawa looks between the two of you anxiously, ready to hear what you have to say about the incident and almost looking regretful as if he wishes he was the one who went out there to save you first.