3

...

"Who did you assault?" Someone asked behind me i had just reached the tent. I turned to see Zero the quiet one. I was taken aback he was only about an inch taller than me so i assumed he was my age.

"Uh- a couple people" i said blinking at him.

"You got two years it had to be bad" he said simply taking a step towards his cot, that was next to mine.

"Ya um..." Should i tell him? Couldn't hurt i guess.

"Got into a fight with a girl from my school, she had her friends with her so did i but they were dudes all they could do was stand back, " i paused to look up at him he was now sitting on his bed facing me i looked back to the floor.

"I knew she would have her friends so i brought brass knuckles- i know i know-" he interrupted me.

"You wanted to kill her" it didnt seem like a question i subconsciously bit my lip. I nodded slowly. I wanted to kill Trisha for what she did, and what her brother did.

"She pulled a knife on me thats how i got this sick scar" i said sarcastically. I walked around the cot to him and lifted my tank slightly so he could see the just barely healed stitches on my side. He raised his eyebrows. I let go of my shirt.

"So i didnt stop when she passed out" i said sitting down. He stared at me thoughtfully.

"What did she do?" He asked after a moment. I rubbed my aching knuckle subconsciously. Fear creeped up in my stomach. I stayed silent.

"Nevermind" he glanced at something behind me before falling silent again.

"That was badass new kid" X-ray called i turned to look at the boys who just came into the tent.

"You bitched the Lump" Magnet congratulated me.

"Lump? Sounds about right" i said annoyed. Magnet towered over me when we stood side by side.

"What happened to your hand Chica" he grabbed my wrist a little too quick.

"Ah fuck" i yelled at him. A smile crept up in his face. I pulled my right hand back. And didnt answer his question.

"You really tried to fight the Lump?" Armpit asked annoyed.
I looked up at him. Oh how i wished this guy knew i could kill him. Wanted too anyway i would probably never have the gut to think like that about anyone else again. Sometimes on the streets you gotta do what you gotta do but kill? Never got there for me.

°flashback brought to you by X-rays musty ass glasses°

I walked swiftly through the plaza. The shops and yelling of the people giving me enough of a distraction to swipe a few wallets. The first guy was easy i walked by and bumped into his back

"Sorry" i yelled but never stopped walking not letting him get a good look at my face. I caught the wallet in my two fingers and moved on. I tried to do the same with the next guy but he turned around as it was in my hands. Oh shit.

"Hey sir- you dropped this!" I set it in his hand walking away quickly with the cash. Only like twenty bucks but whatever.

°end of flashback°

I stayed silent. Because i didnt he tried to fight me

"Your a weird kid" he said looking between me and Zero for a moment.

"Alright so yn now you have to tell us the story" Magnet flopped onto my cot behind were i was sitting. Barf bag sat on the ground against my bed, X-ray sat next to me and the rest stood around.
I stayed silent. what story?

"Come on who did you beat up?" X-ray said expectantly. I glanced up at zero who was sitting back forcing a smirk off his face.

"Does it matter?" I said rubbing my temple.

"Just tell us" Magnet placed a hand on my arm causing me to flinch.
I didn't speak i wasnt going to tell them i dont even know why i told Zero.

"Pussy" Barf Bag coughed. I glared at him.

"Is it really that bad?" Armpit asked.
Suddenly- like always- i became very annoyed very quickly. I stood up and untied my jumpsuit since it was presumably colder at night i slipped it fully over my shoulders and only spoke as i was zipping it.

"Just shut up" with that i turned and left the tent. Were was i going? I dont know.

...

There was nowhere to go so i just kinda circled the camp grounds to blow off steam. I had walked for about 10 minutes before i laid in the middle of the dirt path between the mess hall and the showers. I laid there facing up my hands and legs out like a star. The sky looked so big from here and i was so small everything was small. Except, in my head, the fight. I would say i dont remember and that i blacked out but thats a lie i remember each second vividly. Frame by frame.

°frame by frame flashback brought to you by Mr Pendanski's hat°

I saw her at lunch, the five table distance between us was ever stretching. With each step i had a chance to change my mind. I didnt. Im two steps away now. Her back to me. Her friends see me. They look amused. I yell. Funny thing is i could tell you the position of each of the hairs on her head but not for the life of me what was said between us. I yell even more. She laughs. She talks normally. I yell. She yells. I scream. She yells. I pull back. Her face scrunches. I swing. She doubles over. I grab the hair on the back of her head. I pull her up to face me. I yell. She slaps my face. I pull back for a moment. I slip my hand into my pocket, fingers into the brass knuckles. I swing. She screams. I swing. Scream. I yell. She grips my hair. My hand reaches her neck. I dig my nails in. Scream. Swing. Swing. Slap. I let go. I swing with the other hand. Swing. Swing. Blood. My fist finds her gut. Nose. Gut. She coughs. Blood.

°end of flashback°

I was thankfully snapped out of my thoughts as someone said my name.

"Yn. Can you even hear me?"  Zero stood iver me with his hands in his pockets.

"Huh oh hi" i said and looked back to the sky.

"Stargazing?" I shrugged. He flopped down next to me outstretched as a star aswell.

"Thinking" i said. I saw him nod.

"Why dont you talk near anyone" i asked.
He shrugged.

"Im not stupid" he said after a moment.
I turned my head to him.

"I know everyone thinks i am. I just dont like answering stupid questions you know?" I laughed lowly.

"I do" i said remembering how most if my court case i sat there silently listening to that lawyer slowly lose his mind over my refusal to talk.
'you already know. Why are you asking?' i had said calmly. He didnt like that.

"Did you break it?" He asked he had turned his head but his eyes landed on my knuckle. Not the broken one but i knew what he ment

"Yea" i said holding it up infront of my face to inspect the unwrapped red- purplish middle knuckle.

BANG!!

My body shot straight up in a sitting position at the loud noise that rung through the camp. Zero was on one knee ready to run before his muscles relaxed.

"Its just mister sir" he said but he stood anyway outstretching a hand to me. I took it and he pulled me into a standing position.

"We should go" he said letting go of my hand.

"We dont wanna run into any lizards" he mumbled as we crept towards the tent, avoiding Mr Sir.

....