15 FINALE.

we ran to the digging sight. the boys ducked into the hole Stanley had found that tube. he said it kinda looked like lip stick, and it might very belonged to kissin Kate Barlow. I got lost somewhere around there, but Stabley seemed to know what he was talking about. I trusted him. he was an idiot, but I trusted him nonetheless. we had filled our cantines and stuffed our pockets with onions before we left. it didn't take us long to get back honestly. about a day of nonstop walking.

"is this the hole?" I questioned.

"yeah this is it" he dropped into the dirt, already starting to dig.

"are you sure?" Zero pushed further.

"yeah I'm positive" he replied, letting out a breath.

"this is gonna take too long man I gotta go find another shovel" Zero shook his head.

"I'll come with you" I offered.

"alright be careful though" Stanley called.

"alright."

.

we crept around the building, hearing and argument between the two men about leaving his keys in the truck. I held back a laugh as we neared the library. I watched as Zero climbed the door, clutching to the light above it.

"Z" I hissed in a low whisper.

"what" he whispered back.

"I need to find Quin" I told him.

.

I ducked into the tent, Zero on my tail.

"holy shit" Magnet gaped at us, sitting up on his bed.

"theyre alive!" the boys weren't sleeping yet, as expected from them.
the boys quickly crowded around us, asking all sorts of questions.

"shh!" I hissed sharply. they shut up.

"is Quin here?" I grabbed magnets shoulders, my gaze begging him to be serious.

"huh? you mean the new kid? right over there." he pointed to my, well, what was once my bed. the boy lay with an arm over his eyes, clearly as exhausted as I had been my first week. I walked over, sticking my finger towards his nose. he flinched away drowsily, groaning. he slowly lifted his arm and opened his eyes. he faltered seeing me.

"wake up ya big goof" I hissed. he shot up at once, wrapping me in a hug. I wrapped my legs and arms around him, pressing my face into the crook of his neck. he set me down finally.

"Yn! they weren't lying"

"im sorry I stopped writing, me and Jackson we-"

"tell me later" I pressed a finger to his lips, wrapping him in another hug.

"soooooo... this your boyfriend?" Magnet chimed in, pointing at Quin. I shot him a glare.

"this is my bestfriend." I corrected him.

"welll.. there was that one time-" I hit his arm with the back of my hand.

"I was drunk. we do NOT bring that up" I hissed harshly. Zero coughed, itching the back of his neck awkwardly.

"oh shit yeah! Quin this is Zero" I walked to the boy, putting my hands on his shoulders.

"my.. friend" I tilted my head, just as confused as everyone around me.

"we don't have time for this" Zero whispered lowly.

"oh shit right" without another word to the boys we darted back out of the tent.