12 (short)

"What's that?" I asked, putting a hand up to block the sun from my eyes. a rounded object in the distance made me and Hector quicken our pace to an exhausted jog. as we approached the shape I realized it was a boat, flipped over on the ground, with a small opening. about big enough to crawl through. Hector dropped to his knees cautiously, peeking under the boat. once we were sure no lizards, or snakes etc, were inside he slipped through the opening. I followed. towards the back of the boat there were some broken jars. I grabbed an intact one and inspected it. Hector leaned against one side of the boat, I leaned on the other.

"what do ya thinks in here?" I asked handing the oddly cool jar to him.

"why's it orange?" He made a face, which I laughed at. he struggled to twist the cap off of the jar and failed.
I grabbed it from him, crawling towards the other side of the boat. I slammed the jar down onto a wood piece the lid popped off. Hector took the jar and stuck his finger in it.

"ew" I mumbled, I made a face as he ate the jelly off his finger. to my surprise he dipped it in again.

"what is it?" I took it from his smelling it.

"tastes like peaches" he said firrowing his eyebrows. I tried it, it did taste like peaches. I assumed it was jelly or jam of some kind one day. it had a dusty taste- that's the only way I a can explain it. we sat in the boat and ate the jam, we finished the jar.

"sploosh" he said as he tossed the jar. I furrowed my brows

"what" I asked. he looked at me

"I dunno sploosh" he made a basketball motion. I laughed.

..

we lay I'm the shade of the boat, the sun set outside finally. my eyes were heavy. how would we get home? we'd print die out here. what I'd a snake or a lizard comes under the boat?

"what are we doing" I pressed my hands to my face. hector, who lay next to me, close,  turned his head to me

"I don't know" he mumbled.  a tear rolled down my cheek. Hector shifted towards me, he propped himself on his elbow and hovered over me.

"its gonna be alright yn" he practically whispered. his eyes traced my face. I reached my hand to the back of his neck, pulling him towards me. I kissed him, ever since that night I had craved his lips. our lips moved together for a moment before he pulled away.

"I'm glad you followed me" he said hovering closer now. I smiled.

he put his hand on my hip and shifted me to my side. butterflies erupted in my stomach. he laid behind me, pulling me closer by my hips. he buried his face in my neck, kissing my neck and jawline before we drifted off to sleep.

...

I woke up in Zeros arms, which I shook off because of the heat. I shook his shoulder and he reluctantly woke up.

"what' he groaned. he seemed to just notice his surroundings and become lucid

"fuck" he cursed as he grabbed his head. my head throbbed as well.

"same" I groaned, rubbing my forhead. we both propped up on our elbows facing each other. I looked into his eyes my gazed flicked to his lips for a moment. he raised his eyebrows

"what" I laughed turning my head.
he grabbed my chin turning my head back to him.

"you're doing that thing you do" he said simply. I furrowed my brows.

"what thing" I scoffed

"that thing you do when you wanna kiss me" my cheeks flushed.

"wha- I dont- ....SHUT UP" I stuttered. he leaned forward, grabbing my chin and kissing me, softly. I felt content despite the fact we could die out here. I didn't care as long as I was with zero.

..

a/n short chapter sorry I've had writers block tbh and I've been grounded lmaooo but I'm back biiitch