9(short)

I rolled over in bed. I felt as if I was still home but opening my eyes I could tell I wasn't. Magnet snored loudly on one side of me. I turned around and looked at Hector. He faced away from me under his blanket. He turned onto his back, which startled me slightly. His breathing slowed just enough for me to tell he was awake. I sat up halfway and rested on my elbow.

"Zero" no response.

"Psst" the boys eyes flicked open like he had been awake for hours. Like me, he probably had.

"Can't sleep?" He asked lowly. I nodded.

...

Hector stuck his head out of the tent and looked around. His hand gripped mine and dragged me out of the tent. He pulled me to the right side of him and let go as we walked. We walked out behind the showers and sat against the structure. A gunshot rang in the distance. Mr sir was galloping around like a crazy person as per usual but by now he would head off to his cabin.

"You think they lock those doors?" I asked motioning towards Mr Sirs office. Hector stared in that direction for a moment before turning back to me. My lips curved upwards into a smirk.

...

I reached for the handle and pulled the door open slowly. The office was faintly lit by the moon. Hector trailed behind me as I approached the mini fridge behind his desk. on top of which was a half drank bottle of hooch.

"aha" I grabbed it and held it up for Hector to see. he made his way over to me only to snatch it out of my hand. he set the cap on the desk and took a long swig. u giggled at the sour face he made. I took the bottle and lifted the bottom to the ceiling.

"ew" I said handing it to him.

"yeah shuts nasty" he paused for a moment before taking another drink. I took it and drank, Hector circled around the desk and opened a drawer.

"snooper" I said handing him the bottle and opening another drawer.

"okay be for real for a minute" I said sitting on the desk. Hector nodded and walked in front of me.

"You think the warden and Mom fuck?" He nearly spit out his sip as he laughed. I took the bottle and laughed along.

"Mami and papi" Hector weazed I laughed harder. he leaned against the desk and I began to get dizzy. he was still in front of me looking up at me slightly. we laughed for a couple more seconds before he leaned forward and kissed me. I kissed him back.
his hand rested on my hip now, the other on the bottle. he pulled away after a moment and we sat in silence for a while.