4

The next morning was rough. When Zero and i had gotten back to the tent at around 12 am. we went to sleep immediately. Though i laid awake almost all night. I was startled awake 4 hours later by an alarm? No a bell? Whatever it was it was loud and annoying.

"Fuck" i groaned standing slowly.

"Language" i heard Mr Pendanski call

"wAtCh yoUr lAngUaGE" i mocked quietly.

Not gonna lie i felt special. Zero talked to me like actually talked. I enjoyed talking to him.

"Come on new kid" x ray chimed. I tied the sleeves of my jumpsuit around my waist.

"The suns not even up yet" i groaned to magnet. He laughed softly.

"Get used to it. And try going to bed before midnight." I rolled my eyes.

We walked to the 'library' i was tossed a shovel by zero. I nodded at him and we began walking. I was definitely the shortest of the bunch but i assumed i could take them on. The fight popped into my head. The way she screamed at first blood. This caused me to stall in my walking i bumped into someone but i couldnt tell who. My breathing was rapid as i froze in place.

"Fuck... No no no" i mumbled all i could see was the fight. Her face. Then what she did. What her brother did. I was gonna barf. Who was infront of me.

"Shes- [redacted]- bar-" i tried to focus my eyes and a blurry dark dot came to place my senses came back too quick for my liking.

"Im gonna-" the figure moved to the side and held my hair back as i let it all go. I only now realized i was in fact standing up- well bending over but still.

"Fuck" i mumbled wiping my mouth.

"Jesus what happened" barf bag quizzed.

"Uh-" i stared at zero who was the one holding my hair back and was moments ago shaking my shoulders.

"Your still sick?" Zero said covering for me. I nodded slowly.

"I was sick when i got here guess i still am" i sniffed. I looked up at the boys they all looked dumbfounded with open mouths.

"You got zero to talk" zig zag exclaimed.
My mouth went to a small o shape and my eyes went wide. Shit oops.

"Uh- ba- well" i struggled to form an exuse but zero just shrugged and walked ahead of the group. Having just emptied my already empty gut i had to lean on magnet all the way out.

...

"So... I dig" i said after unnecessary explaining by mr sir.

"Dont get smart with me" he spat a sunflower seed. I hummed in reply.

I was still shaky and dug at a medium pace my hole was about knee deep now and i stopped to breathe. The boys dug and conversed. It was now that i missed Quin he was my best friend for as long as i could remember. If he were here he would sit at my hole and make sarcastic commentary that would make my sentence speed by as if it never happened. God i missed him. And danny and jack.

"He's already done?" I asked staring up at zero strutting away.

"Hes the fasted digger in the camp" magnet called.

"He eats the dirt" armpit commented.

"Dont be stupid" i yelled. I drew back surprised at my anger.

"Woah" x ray said lowly.

...

My hole was dug. I stepped into the rec area tired as fuck. I saw where Zero was watching a pool game. Then glanced at magnet. Magnet reminded me of Quin honestly.

"Hey Z" i stepped beside Zero who glanced down at me.

"Whos solids?" There were three solid color balls on the table and almost all the stripes. Two guys raised there sticks momentarily.

"Close game" zero whispered sarcastically. I snickered. I bit the inside of my cheek.

"Thanks by the way" i said to zero. He cocked his head towards the entrance. I followed him out like a lost puppy.

"Huh" i had a habit of saying that alot.

"Your not sick so what happened" he asked his hands in his pockets like always. I rubbed my knuckle.

"Uh" i thought about how to say this.

"Is it about the fight?" He asked quietly. I stared at him for a moment then nodded.
He didnt reply.

"Alright" he walked past me back into the tent. I felt sick again. His shoulder brushed mine and i was shocked that i got butterflies.

...

"Its fucking hot" i groaned into my pillow. We had come back to the tent almost right after my conversation with zero. Magnet sat at the edge if my bed.

"Now can you tell us the story?" Magnet practically begged. I groaned.

"Come on yn" x ray said. I could practically hear Zeros smirk.

"Whats funny dumbass" Squid said to Zero. I stood quickly on the opposite side of Zeros bed that Squid.

"Hey shut your mouth or ill shut it for you" i hissed. Some boys laughed others stayed silent.

"Chill its not that deep" he laughed.

"Who cares about him anyway" i clenched my fists i swiftly walked around the bed to him

"I dont know were you get off but were im from-" zero had stood and pulled me back. But it was too late now. I stepped forward again.

"Look say one more word. I dare you. You wanna look like trisha?" Why did i say that i wanted to suck the words back into my mouth but i couldnt.

"Whos trisha?" Squid said amused. Right as i opened my mouth zero set a hand on my shoulder. He pulled me back and slightly pushed me towards the exit of the tent. All while staring into the boys soul. I continued in the direction her sent me and stormed out of the tent.

(Third person pov)

Zero never looked away from squid as the angry girl stormed out. X ray stood by armpit enjoying the situation. Magnet was about to punch Squid.

"Whats her problem" Squid remarked.
He shoved past Zero towards his bunk. Magnet had moved towards armpit and x ray and iff yns bed.

"Someones got a crush" zig zag said in a sing song tone.

"Whateva" Zero mumbled and walked out of the tent.

"Hey you think Trisha's the girl she beat the shit out of?" X ray remarked.

"Probably" armpit answered.

...