5

I did not return to the tent. I sat in the wreck room watching some random dudes from A-tent playing dominoes. They offered to let me play but i declined. So i was watching. I saw Zero enter the wreck room and felt the urge to leave. I didnt want to talk he spotted me clearly but moved over by the pool tables.

...

(dinner)

I stayed in the wreck room until dinner and was sat by magnet and zero now. The table was quieter than usual.

"So whos trisha" x ray asked nonchalantly. My jaw clenched.

"We're gonna find out eventually man" magnet stated. I sighed that was probably true but all the same i stayed silent. After my bread being stolen and sipping some water i stood and left.

...

I ran my fingers through my hair. I didnt want to think about trisha. I paced around between the bunks. Then finally got tired of it and sat down. I held my head in my hands and for the first time in a long time- cried. Silently. I wiped tears from my face. Someone placed a hand on my shoulder. I jumped and turned away.

"Please dont barf on me" Zero sat next to me trying to cheer me up. I scoffed. His hand found my forearm. I blinked at him

"I dont know what to-" he trailed off shrugging slightly.

"Its alright. Sorry im being a pussy" i wiped my face with the arm he wasnt touching. I didnt dare move the one he was.

"So were are you from?" I looked up at the boy sitting next to me. His thick curly hair fell freely infront of his face. His eyes stayed on mine.

"Dallas" i mumbled. I rested my head on my hand. his thumb rubbed circles on my arm.

"What about you" i asked finally.

"Dallas" i furrowed my brows

"What part?" I asked his eyes broke away from mine to some faraway place. I hoped he wouldnt ask me that. What was i supposed to say? Under a bridge? Or someones couch? No way.

"Doesn't matter sorry" i said looking down at his hand.

"We weren't always homeless." I froze.

"I remember we used to live in alot of different places" his eyes lit up as he talked. He was looking straight ahead now and smiling slightly.

"Then one day..." He paused. I let out a sigh

"Then one day you didnt" i said lowly i looked at the floor i knew how he felt. My friends didnt even know. I looked up at him again.

"I used to sleep under this bridge by my school" a smile played at my lips while i thought.

"It was a park for me" zero almost laughed. I sniffled slightly. His hand moved down my arm to my hand. My heart began beating faster. I looked down at his dark skin as he intertwined his fingers with mine. His lips curled upwards slightly

"Something funny?" I teased he leaned back onto his elbows, not letting go of my hand. I fell onto my back next to him he laid too after a moment. I didnt miss Quin, i didnt think about trisha or the fight. All i could possibly think about right now was Zero. A couple minutes went by and we didnt move.

"Man shut up-" i heard voices approaching. Zero's hand slowly retreated to his chest mine did aswell

"Bad time?" X ray teased. I rolled my eyes as they piled into the tent. Zero stood to lay on him own bunk and i sat up shortly after.

...

"Now yn why are you here?" Mom said almost right as i sat down on one of the cold chairs in the circle

"Uh" i rubbed the back of my neck which felt bare without the necklace from quin i usually had tucked underneath my jumper.

"Go on tell em" he said in a condescending tone. I hated mr Pendanski.

"Assault" i mumbled. I would try to keep my responses one worded. Zero eyes mr Pendanski while magnet vocally expressed his disapproval of Mom forcing me to speak. The dainty man leaned forward.

"Of what degree?" He asked slowly.
I sighed and kept my eyes glued to the ground.

"I was charged with Aggravated Assault and expelled for bringing a weapon to school" the boys were dead silent. 'weapon' was probably not the right choice of words.

"What drove you to do this?" He had sat back. My heart thumped in my chest as memories flooded in. Tears burned my eyes but i didnt dare let them build.
I stayed silent, eyes glued to the floor.

"Hm your about as bad as zero huh?" My head shot up. My leg twitched with anticipation.

"Well if you dont talk- i will" he pulled something from under his chair

"Your statement mentioned another, Sam Trisha's brother all you said was-" i stood with clenched fists, having remembered that statement.

"Don't read that" i hissed.

"Sam is a rap-" i cut him off by turning and kicking my chair across the room. I left with tears in my eyes.