07 - Got myself a date

I walked into the science lab hoping to find Vee.
Mae, Vee and Ella are always there. Let's just say...they're what you describe as teachers pet! And yet they're the cool girls, ugh! This shithole is pathetic.
I quietly walked in. Mr Johnson and Ella where talking about something.
"Hi Mr Johnson" I say to him, as I walked further into the science lab.

"Hey Jia!" Ella and Mr Johnson replied in unison, while Mae and Vee were on their Phones.

"Hey Vee, can I talk to you?" I say as I reached to where she was seating.

"Sure" she replied, getting up and trailed after me.

"What's up!" She said after we were outside the lab.

"I was just wondering if it'd be cool with you if you'd go on a date with the Devi..uh Caden" I let out with one breath almost calling him the devil.

"As in a date, date?" She asked.

"Yeah" I chirped.

"I can't..."

"As friends of course!" I cut her off before she could finish, maybe then she'll go! She just made it obvious she doesn't like Caden that way- girl language. 

You go girl!

"Um...well I guess if it's a double date then why not! But seriously, it's nothing to be nervous about, I'll make sure to help you as much as I can, it'll be fun" she said with a genuine smile on her face.

Wait...what now!? A double date!? How did the story got so twisted in just a slip of a second? Who the hell would I even go with!? Man I hate that boy!

"Thanks...it's a date!" I say trying my best to mask my annoyance, displeasure maybe?

"I'm guessing Aby is gonna be unavailable so that's why I'm filling in the seat" she said with a smile.

"No no! Of course not! Well you see...I kinda miss the way we use to be and thought maybe we should hang out, plus Caden has been dying to watch you eat" I say with a chuckle.

I mean why else would he go to all the trouble of making me make her go?

"So...who's the lucky guy?" She squealed in a girly way.

"That'll be a surprise" I said with a nervous giggle.

A surprise for me too! Who the hell would I bring along. 

"Is it Ethan?" She gasped "Omgg I've always wanted you two t- "

"Go no!" I cut her off with a terrified look on my face.

"Well, can't wait to meet him" she sing-sang
"Ohh! When is it? Where are we going? Oh oh- do we have a theme?" She asked in a can't wait expression.

"Nothing much really, I'll get Caden to text you all the details" I say to her.

"Okay. See you then" she said as we hugged and patted ways.

I walked to my next class, which was French. I was four minutes late (as always). The class was already full, so there were only a few chairs left. My usual seat was vacant so I went straight ahead to where I normally seat, but unfortunately Mady was sitting right in front of me.

Mrs Bradford, our French teacher looked over to us "I hope you got all that, I'll be giving you an assignment by the end of the class" she said just as she wipes the board.

Wow! Information I could have used minutes ago.

I looked down at my notes, and well...what did I really expect? The only thing on my book was of course some doodles (no surprise there)
I cursed myself for what I was about doing, and hated every second of the thought of it. But then, do I want to fail this class? Do people even fail French?