Kabanata 50

Beneath The Clandestine Paradise

Kabanata 50

Life has been good to us. Habang bumabawi kami, life is also making up for the lost years to us too. Wala na akong ibang pinanghihinayangan pa. I am content with what is happening in our family, but at the same time, it is not enough for us. I want more. We want more.

"Are you sure we'll celebrate Christmas in the province?"

Grim's driving his car as we're heading to Magistrado's manor. May training ngayon si Teylie at kukunin na namin.

"Yup. Is it okay with you, though?"

His lips pursed. "Of course, baby,"

"We'll be with my grandfather this Christmas. Dad and Mom have been inviting me for so long to celebrate important occasions there. At bihira lang natin silang paunlakan dahil kay Lolo."

"Are you fine we'll celebrate Christmas with him, though?"

"I'm totally fine."

He nodded at me. "Then, I'm fine. We'll celebrate with your family and my family, then. Dym's family will also be there."

"Really?!" Bigla akong na-excite. "I want to see his baby! Matagal-tagal na rin nung bumalik ang mag-ina niya, right? I'm excited to see their baby!"

Grim chuckled. "Kuya said their baby is talkative and inquisitive. You'll meet her soon."

Dym faced a major challenge in the past when his company suffered due to a rape allegation. Also his fiancé had a wide backlash on social media that affected her. They lost a baby too, one of their supposed twins. But despite it, they went through it and came out stronger. I'm proud of them.

Life is never free of problems. In fact, even Kristina Dahlia and Rems faced their own problems and issues in the past years. Grim and I also had our own small problems in the previous years as well. Life never ran out of problems and you can't avoid them. You have to overcome them until they lose their power over us.

I think this is the right time to celebrate the Christmas in Barcelona. I see Mom and Dad on other occasions when they only come to Manila to visit us. We celebrate birthdays here, not in province. It's been years since the last time I communicated with Lolo. Hindi ko alam kung napatawad ko na ba siya pero wala na akong nararamdamang bigat sa dibdib ko ngayon tuwing iniisip ang ginawa niya noon.

Time really heals wounds.

"We'll spend Christmas and New Year there," I said to Yary on the phone. "I want to see your babies. Ugh! I miss my nieces and nephews so much!"

Humalakhak si Yary sa kabilang linya. I heard Zame on the background, asking Yary if who is she talking to.

"Finally, Ate Arie! We've been waiting for this! I'll tell Mom and Dad. That's your promise! Bawal nang bawiin!"

"I won't," I chuckled.

Grim reached for the lace of my thin night strap. I put my finger on my lips to signal him to shush. Tumango siya at pinagpatuloy ang marahang pagtanggal ng damit ko.

"Sakto kasi rito rin magse-celebrate ang pamilya ni Dym. We're excited to see Yasha and Ily again!"

I didn't respond to Yary yet when Grim kissed my neck and caressed my boob.

"Z-Zame, I'm still talking with Ate Arie. Mamaya na, please?" I heard Yary's very low and sweet voice on the line!

"Maybe we'll fly by next week. I'll tell Dahlia about this when she returns with her-" I gasped when Grim bit my neck and pinched my peak.