Chapter Six

"Goodnight Maya" she whispered as she turned and walked out the door followed by the other 3.

The next morning, Carina woke up quite early. She was full of excitement for what was to come at the club with Maya. She decided to get up and go for a run. She dropped a text into the group chat with the others to let them know where she was in case they looked for her. She grabbed her airpods and headed out the door. She run along the beach, watching the sun come up as she did and seeing a few people head out for an early morning surf. She jogged to a little coffee shop along the street hoping to pick up some coffee and pastries for breakfast.

Just as she rounded the corner she bumped into someone hard, spilling their coffee down their top and onto the floor. She looked up to apologise but was stopped in her tracks when she saw who it was. "Oh - Maya, right?" She asked although knowing full well what the blonde's name was. "Yes, good morning Carina" she smiled at the Italian. "I'm so sorry, I wasn't paying attention. Please allow me to buy you another drink." Carina offered as she opened the door to the coffee shop. "Um... alright" the blonde nodded. "I was actually on the way to the library but I guess I need to go home and change now." She laughed. "Oh... no! Don't do that! My place is just 10 minutes from here. Come back and I can get you a fresh top to wear and I'll have this one dry cleaned for you." "Oh that's very kind of you, but I couldn't put you to any trouble like that." Maya blushed. "It's no trouble at all, and I insist" Carina smiled as she moved to the counter. "Shall we take a seat or do you want to drink these on the way to my place?" Carina asked as she returned to the blonde's side with their coffees. "Yeah let's walk and drink, that's a lovely idea" Maya said as she took her cup from the brunette.

They left the coffee shop and began to walk in the direction of Carina's house. "I should probably warn my friends that I'm on my way home and you're with me" she laughed as she took out her iPhone out her pocket. She opted for calling Callie as she thought that would be the sensible option.

CT: Carina? Hey. You ok?
CD: Callie, good morning. Yes, I'm fine. I decided to run to the coffee shop but I bumped into Maya, you know from last night?
CT: You what?! My my my, this op is going to be a lot smoother than we thought!
CD: Ah, si! But, I mean I literally bumped into her. I spilled her coffee all down her so I'm currently on my way home with her so I can get her a fresh shirt. Please can you make sure the boys are dressed and the place is tidied!"
CT: Ohhhh, fuck! Yeah ok, anything that could give us away will be hidden in my bedroom for now. See you soon.

"Ok, sorry about that. But we had a bit of a party last night so the place was a bit of a mess" Carina laughed as she turned to look at Maya. "No worries at all" Maya smiled.
"So... Carina, you're Italian right?" The little blonde asked as they walked. "What brings you to LA?" "Si, I am Italian but business mostly" Carina answered as she smiled. "And how about you? Have you lived here all your life?" She asked Maya as they continued walking. "Yeah, I grew up on a ranch just outside of LA but I moved in to the city for school. I'm a business major and so I work at the club to pay for it" she blushed as she took a sip of her coffee. "Oh really? You know, I'm a business woman myself" Carina winked as she talked. "I buy up companies that are pretty much bust then I make them profitable again and sell them for a heap more than I bought them for" she laughed. "Oh wow. Sounds like I need to get to know you better then!" Maya laughed. "I'd actually like that" Carina smiled, catching the blonde blushing.

"Ok, here we are" Carina announced as they reached the door of the beach front property. "And allow me to apologise for my friends in advance. They can be a bit much sometimes!" She laughed as she opened the door, signalling for the blonde to walk through. "Good morning! Something smells good in here" the Italian announced as she walked in to the kitchen with the American following behind her. "Guys, I'd like to introduce you to Maya - officially" she laughed, as the others said hello and introduced themselves. "Torres cooked breakfast if you want some?" Karev stated. "Yes, please help yourself. We've got waffles, bacon, fruit and some maple syrup. Please dig in" The Latina smiled at Carina knowingly.

The 5 adults all enjoyed their food and light conversation before Carina spoke again. "Ok, let's get your shirt changed then and if you still want to go to the library, I'll give you a lift." She said to the dancer. "Oh, no, don't be silly. That's too much. You honestly don't have to do that. I'm happy just to get the bus." Maya said genuinely. "Nonsense, it's my fault you're late, so come on. Let's get sorted." She showed Maya to her bedroom and told her she could help herself to anything she wanted from her wardrobe. She gave her some space to get changed and then returned to the kitchen.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" Ruiz whisper shouted. "I didn't think this op would pan out so easily. You've managed to reel that girl in quicker than my dad with a snapper on a hook." He laughed. "Oh behave, I have not reeled her in. Not yet. She's a nice girl though and I think she will be the one to help us yes. It's just lucky I bumped into her this morning. But at least now whenever we go to the club, there's a contact there." Just then they heard footsteps along the corridor so Carina changed the subject. "So, once I'm back, we'll have a look at those projections and then plan what we're doing tonight yeah?" "Yes Boss" Karev laughed as he saluted her. "Stupido" carina laughed as she walked to the door with Maya. "Oh Carina" Callie shouted, "remember to call your Mom. You promised her last night that you'd call her this morning" "Ah, Si! Grazie Callie, I'll do it from the car on the way home"

In the car the conversation was light between the two women but they could both sense that they were comfortable in each other's company. "So will we see you at the club tonight again?" Maya asked the Italian, hoping that the answer would be yes. Carina gave her a sideways glance as she smirked and said "I think so yes. We had fun last night" "good! I'll get the same booth reserved for you" the blonde smiled. 20 minutes later, Carina pulled up outside the library. "Thank you for the lift Carina, I'll see you tonight" Maya said as she leant over and and gave the Italian a small, quick hug which she was sure caused the brunette to blush a little. "Oh, uh, you're welcome" Carina said. "It was the least I could do after ruining your morning" she laughed. "You did not ruin my morning, in fact... I think you made it better. I look forward to being in this stunning car again at some point" Maya winked as she hopped out the car.

Carina couldn't stop herself from smiling on the drive back home again. She called "Mom" and provided her ops report from the night before. But, she chose to leave out this morning's details. She thought she would wait and see what happens with Maya before bringing her name up on the report.

She arrived back home where she found the other 3 enjoying lounging by the pool. "Hey, you're back" Karev said looking up from his book. "Si. I'm back. I'll just go get changed into my swim suit and I'll join you guys. Back in a minute."

Just a few minutes later, she was changed and was lying out with the others enjoying the sun. They swam and played games. They had drinks and chatted and Callie made nachos for lunch. They collectively decided that they would go out for dinner tonight. There was a Mexican restaurant not far from the club that they agreed to check out.

********************************************
A/N
I wasn't really planning on publishing this yet but you guys have been so patient with me, I thought you deserved something. So, I figured this was a decent place to cut this chapter and I'll pick up the next chapter from here.

So, it's shorter than I would usually do, but I hope you enjoy it all the same.

Once again, thank you for your patience and I hope you continue to love this story as it's only just getting started x