Chapter 10: Dejavū

Sunny squinted his eyes, trying to open them to see his surroundings. Once he opened them, he realized he was in an endless room.

Whitespace...

Sunny got up to his feet, looking around himself to realize he was back to normal. Relieved, he started to walk, when he nearly bumped into a smaller figure. He flinched, looking at the person in front of him. It was Omori... but something was wrong. Half of Omori's body was a pitch black, and he looked tired and weak. He looked at Sunny, before beginning to speak.

"Sunny. You need to stop that thing. Before it kills me. Before it kills you."

"But I thought everything except Blackspace was destroyed?"

"That is true... but I also survived. Mostly. As you can see my form is unstable. Because of my current existence, Whitespace was saved from being destroyed, which is how I can now communicate with you. I thought I had more control than this heathen, but I am losing that control. Do not let the beast use your body for it's own well being. Because you will lose control, and all that's left of me will dissipate. Including Whitespace."

Sunny listened closely, dread in his eyes as he looked around. He saw the string that hung from the never ending ceiling, where the black lightbulb once was. He looked to his left, turning to the same white door he used to access Headspace. He rushed over and eagerly tried to open the door.

"I would advise not opening that door, Sunny..."

Sunny ignored Omori, swinging it open and staring at what was behind it. Hoping to see his brightly colored friends and the big yellow cat, his smile faded. This door led directly to Blackspace. He could see familiar figures in the distance, walking aimlessly and mumbling. He then saw a girl in a white dress walking up to him...

"Mari?"

"No! Close the door, that is not her, it's a trap!" Omori ran over to Sunny and pushed him out of the way, gripping the doorknob. Sunny grunted as he tried to push Omori away, but despite his small size, he pushed Sunny onto the floor.

"Sunny....." the girl's voice was haunting, as she continued to walk closer. Omori looked at her bitterly, slamming the door as her words faded away.

Sunny looked at Omori with a glare, and got a blank expression in return. He got to his feet, shaking slightly.

"She could have helped us!"

"She is not real. That is not Mari. That is another creature of Blackspace. You remember, don't you?"

Sunny looked down. The things he saw in Blackspace previously were designed to trick him. And that Mari... was simply another one. Omori reached his hand to Sunny, holding his blade.

"Take it. Wake up. And listen to me. Do not let the beast win. Do not let its words taint you. It was foolish what you did. You could have killed your friend. If he wasn't half of a beast, he would have never resurrected himself. He would still be dead."

Sunny took the knife from him, raising it to his stomach. He closed his eyes as he plunged it into his body. Before he awoke he could hear one more thing.

"I will be waiting here. Return the next time you need rest..." Omori's voice faded out.

Sunny shot up in his bed, panting. Kel and Hero took note of this and rushed over to check if their friend was okay. Sunny held his head, shaking slightly. He was cold. In that moment, it was a good sign. It meant the beast wasn't actively controlling him. He thought about what Omori said. For once, Omori seemed to be right. He couldn't succumb to the beast's intentions, otherwise they both would cease to exist. And his friends.... And the rest of the town... he didn't want to think about what could happen. He looked up at Hero and Kel, before they both hugged him. He warmed up at the embrace, wrapping his arms around them as he closed his eyes. Once their hugging session ended, Hero pointed to the top of his dresser.