s e x & m x

"Good morning, Doc!" I waved back at Hightower as I sipped my coffee. We're in the middle of Spring Training. On the field at 6 am for long days so pretty much conditioning.

It's the time everyone who was on IR wants to pop out and show they still have it. Rookies trying to get noticed. All I know is none of them better be trying to hide injuries.

I've been getting up early for the past few weeks anyway to play catch-up on everything I missed.

Chris isn't the biggest fan of me getting up so early,  but he understands. It's giving him a chance to practice his cooking.

I'm officially one month pregnant. Chris' Poppy is now about the size of a grain of rice.

Today will be our first visit to my OBGYN since I got pregnant. I told my higher ups I'm still having complications post accident. I'm not trusting to tell anyone I'm pregnant.

"I got Peters making a coffee run, Ariel. You want another one?" Reggie asked as I stood on the sideline watching warm ups.
"No, I'm good. Thank you,"
"You should be on your third cup right now,"
"I'm cutting back,"
"That TB12 getting to everybody,"
"Haha,"

My first day back I had to send about 25 emails to get Tom's trainer his privileges back.

There's been serious tension between Tom and Bill. I'm minding the business that pays me at this point.

"Ah shit! Rookie down!" Julian yelled.
I looked to see our new running back, Martinez, on his back clutching his upper thigh.
"I got it," I told Reggie heading out to the down player.
"What hurts, Jose?" I asked.
"My- uh- uh,"
"Your groin?"
"Yeah,"
"I'm a doctor. Please have no shame in telling me what's going on," I flagged down two on my staff.
"Told him he wasn't going all the way on them windshield wipers!"
"Get on, Deonte! Jose can you walk on it?"
"Yeah," the trainers helped him up and he walked to the sideline by himself.
"Take him to the back and make sure there's no major bruising,"
"Got it,"

"These rookies sent you up a wall yet, doc?" Jules asked me after sending a snot rocket to the grass.
"I can tell they're not used to having a female doctor. It's funny and sad,"
"One of them asked do you go into the locker room," he laughed.
"I rather walk through Hell,"
"Harsh!"
"Matthews pisses himself sometimes,"
"It's called mental warfare,"
"It's called a skin rash,"
"I got my suit for your gala,"
"Nice transition,"
"I want that signed Iron Man mask,"
"Chris got Keanu Reeves to sign a replica gun from John Wick,"
"... Pro Bono surgeries for everybody!" I laughed.
"So how's it going with you and Cap. I saw the lake photos,"

I'm pretty sure Chris' neighbors to pictures of us kissing on the raft. My cheeks were on full display. Chris felt so bad, but there's nothing he can do. I wouldn't trade that trip for anything.

"I love being on the cover of InTouch,"
"We need to get you in Vogue, kid. You the only good press we get,"
"Pats? Bad press? Never,"

Once the guys went to watch practice tape I headed to my car to go to my appointment.

Chris wants to come, but I told him no. Word gets out he's been with m me at a OBGYN Twitter will flip. I'm going to talk to my doctor and see if she's comfortable with confidential visit. It's more of a thing in LA and New York, but I still want to try.

He texted me to FaceTime him before I go in the building which I did.
"Look at that mug," I mimicked his voice.
"Safe drive, baby?" I've been keeping one eye on my rear view mirror since everything that happened.
"I got a little worried when a Nissan followed me but they're were just going to Chick-fil-A,"
"Good, I hate that I can't be there today,"
"We have to keep this under wraps, baby,"
"I know. Anything special you want when you get home,"
"I'm getting a Pap smear. So if you could run a bath for me that be nice,"
"Got it. You look gorgeous by the way,"
"My knees are covered in grass stains. Looks like I was sucking your dick on the back 9,"
"That sounds amazing,"
"I have to check in, baby,"
"Let me make sure you get to the door safely,"
"Okay,"