- Chapter 3: Away From Keyboard -

Chapter 3: Away From Keyboard

Aph sat in homeroom and looked around. Although it was her first year not being homeschooled, she had quickly gotten used to everything. Her not alone buddy Travis was next to her talking about his crush on Katelyn, and her other not alone buddy Vylad was listening along, teasing Travis a little. There was one boy whom she was curious about though. In the corner of the room, a sullen boy sat, always reading a book or writing something on paper. That was Zane Ro'meave. He never spoke, but when he did, he had nothing nice to say. Although he wasn't the kindest person, Aph was curious because they'd been childhood friends. She had fond memories of playing soccer and ponies with him, but he had changed since then.

"Aph, are you listening?" Travis said waving his hand in front of her face.

"What?! Yeah, yeah, I'm listening!" Aph said, surprised. "Katelyn is super cute or whatever!"

Travis pouted. "I was talking about my new job, not Katelyn!"

Vylad smirked. "Why were you looking at my brother all starry-eyed?"

Aph groaned. "I don't like him or anything! I was just wondering, since we used to be friends..."

The bell rang and she sighed as she packed up her stuff. Zane quickly rushed out the door. She kept meaning to talk to him, but she never found a good time.

She headed to werewolf class, her least favorite class. For one thing, she wasn't a werewolf, so she felt out place. Plus, she never studied, so she was always confused. And to make matters worse, this annoying senior in class named Aaron Lycan was always bothering her.

She sat down in her usual seat and looked at the desk next to her. There sat Aaron, but something was wrong. He was looking down, and his eyes seemed hollow, as if there were no light.

"What's up, usually you'd tease me and call me a potato or something!" Aph said frowning.

Aaron's personality immediately switched, the empty look in his eyes lighting up. "Wow short stuff, didn't know you were so desperate for me to talk to you!"

Aph rolled her eyes and looked away. Something was definitely wrong with him, though. He seemed... fake.

They didn't talk for the rest of class, but she kept looking at him.

As she walked out her friend Kawaii-Chan was waiting for her.

"Hey Aphmau!" She waved. "How was werewolf class with Aaron" she teased while making kissy faces. "Is my ship gonna sail soon?" 

"Shut up!" Aph said while elbowing KC. "He's so annoying, I'd never like someone like him!"

But as she said that, she still felt concerned for him. Why did she care so much about that stupid idiot? Maybe they were closer than she thought. 

- END OF CHAPTER 3 -