- Chapter 8: Aftermath -

As if it never happened, Z was sitting in front of his computer again. Outside, it was still dark. The time was a little later than 25:00 AM. It seemed that time passed by slower in SEKAI than it did in the real world. He checked Nightcord. Shu and Nanachi were online, and currently calling. He joined the call.

"What was that, a dream?" Shu said in disbelief.

"It couldn't be, we all experienced it!" Nanachi exclaimed.

"Disappear, save, everything Aaron said..." Z mumbled.

"O-Oh, hi Zane..." Shu said awkwardly.

Zane angrily sighed and ignored it. He'd work on that problem later.

"H-Hey, so what, now that you know who I am, you're gonna go back to being mean?!" Aphmau said, on the verge of tears. "What is happening, I'm so confused!"

"N-No, Shu, Aphmau, whatever. I'm... sorry, there's just a lot to think about right now." Zane said apologetically. "For what it's worth, I've always considered Shu one of my best friends... I don't really have any friends in real life."

Shu sighed. "Yeah, I'm sorry..."

Kawaii-chan awkwardly cleared her throat, interrupting the awkward reconciliation. "So, what do we do about Aaron?"

Aph stayed silent, but Zane slowly formed an answer.

"He'll come back when he's ready. All he needs is someone to save him from his feelings.."

"Wh-What? Do you know something we don't, Zane?" Kawaii-chan asked.

"Z, Nanachi, Shu, out of everyone I've ever met, you three should understand the most. You three want to disappear more than anyone else." Zane quoted. "Reflect on yourselves, and I think the answer will come."

Aphmau groaned. "Reflecting? What will that do?! I'm so done with all of this, I'm logging off.."

She left the call, leaving Zane and Kawaii-chan alone.

"S-Sorry Zane, but I think I'll go too.." KC said awkwardly before leaving the call.

Zane was left all alone, remembering that same robotic voice that visited him in a dream.

"Zane, please save him."

[END OF CHAPTER 8]