58 | Brother

*Fast hands sure are handy also music while typing your stories

- ??? -

Ever since I was born...

All I can see is a big mountain in front of me...

(Name)'s soul was sent near the young Leona who was reading a book inside his room with three servants outside, peeking from the crack of his door. It seems she was sent to see someone's past again, for her to understand why they went berserk...

     The first servant sighed, "Prince Farena is cheerful, yet I wonder why his young brother is quite a stubborn type," she whispered to the second servant. "His unique magic is terrifying! It turns everything into the sand!" The second servant hissed.

     The third servant took their hair from behind and silently closed Leona's door, "You two, shut up! What if Prince Leona hears you? You'll get fired for spreading gossip," she hissed—unaware that Leona felt his self-esteem drop since he heard them.

If I was the first Prince, I'm sure they'll say—"The First Prince Leona sure is smart and hardworking that can use strong magic, unlike his carefree young brother."

But since I'm born as the second brother, they always say—"The First Prince Farena always gets to clean his younger brother's mess."

No matter what I do, I'll never be number one...

The scene changed again with a teen Leona lying on his bed, sleeping peacefully. Not until a long orange-haired male entered his room, disturbing his sleep. This must be the brother they're talking about since Leona and Farena shows some similarities between their faces...

     "Leona, why didn't you attend the ceremony?" Farena asked, crossing his arms as he glared at his brother. Leona huffed and placed his arms behind his head, "What ceremony are you talking about—Oh, wait. Do you mean the ceremony you prepared to show off your son? How rude of me, brother. I ended up going back to sleep."

     "Today's an important day for the kingdom since they need to meet the future king—"

     "Blah, blah, blah... And today's also the day the hated second prince of Afterglow Savanna lost the right to take the throne," Leona added. "Leona, stop talking like that—"

     "Firstborns sure are special, huh," the stubborn lion interrupted his brother again. "You can become king even though you're just lying around your room, doing unnecessary things, and being carefree," he laughed bitterly.

    "Leona... Even though you're not king, you're very smart," Farena praised his brother, patting his head. "You can still do a lot of things for this kingdom and not just hope to be the King," he added.

     Leona stood up and removed his brother's hand from his head, "I already finished everything I could if the Kingdom needed someone smart," he stated and left his room. "Leona, stop right there! Leona! How dare you leave me!"

Why did I suffer this torture because I was born after a few years he was?

I tried everything...

I perfected my magic, worked hard for my studies to be outstanding and was athletic...

Why was I born second? Why can't I be number one?