64 | First Phase

*I like how almost everyone gave up reading this book LOL

- Ramshackle Dorm, Lounge -

Yuu and Jack are analyzing the situation between the students with anemones and Octavinelle. In summary: they made a contract with the dorm leader of Octavinelle in exchange for test reviewers. They were scammed because Azul gave it to a total of 200-300 students...

     "It looks like the condition is to get in the Top 50 to get their magic back. Then it's impossible for half of them to be in the honor ranks," Jack added. He placed a hand under his chin, "He must've planned this properly and it worked."

     "Seems like it. I was surprised when Grim got 80 points on the test," Yuu remarked. Jack groaned, "Your grade doesn't make sense because of someone's test reviewers. They just wanted to show off and used the test to prove how cool they are—Bunch of fools," he insulted.

    "Indeed," (Name) appeared behind them, startling Jack and Yuu. "Pardon my intrusion, but I have news to share," she added and placed snacks with tea on the coffee table.

She started to explain her findings in the Headmaster's cabinets. Azul Ashengrotto has been doing this kind of business ever since he became the dorm leader of Octavinelle...

     "Azul-san is the same as Riddle-san's situation, they already proved their worthiness and became dorm leaders in their first years, but I'm afraid he's more dangerous than the dorm leader of Heartslabyul. I found a note posted to the dorm leader of Octavinelle's article, specifically just near Azul-san—he's problematic in the eyes of the Headmaster," she explained and showed them proof.

     "I don't know why, but if he's problematic then why not stop him?" Jack asked. "I understand why the Headmaster couldn't stop him from what he's doing. It's not prohibited according to the school rules after all," she replied.

     "What do you mean, (Name)-san?"

     She pulled a folder, "Since it's related to the test reviewers Azul-san has given to his clients, it's not illegal under the rules of our school. He didn't steal those reviewers from any answers and solutions from the teachers—he searched worth 100 years of exams in this school and made notes with those guides," she showed the 100 years' worth of exams.

     "That's... That's—"

     "Amazing? I know," she nodded at Yuu's statement. Jack nodded, "That guy is pretty good for doing those kinds of notes using his own hands, but it's not cheating that makes it troublesome—"

     "Yes, I think that's why the Headmaster didn't manage to stop Azul-san from doing this," she told him. "They can't allow themselves to prohibit reviewers that he worked with his sweat and created in legal means," she added.

     "He probably said he's being kind or helping his friends, so if you ban it—it's saying that don't study or don't ask for your friend's help," Jack growled in anger, munching a cookie. "This is annoying."

     "He's good in loopholes," she chuckled. "The Headmaster isn't able to stop the business he was doing last year because it's not as worse as this. I've heard the rumors saying if you want to have a high score on your test, go to Monstro Lounge or something like that," she stated.

They all knew no one warned the deceived students about the consequences they'll face if they didn't meet the conditions of the contract. It only made students after a student signed a contract with him to pass the exam, but they failed. Yes, almost half of the students passed, but it doesn't erase the fact all of them cheated...

     "Headmistress, you said about the same situation that happened last year, right? Then what happened to the ones who got their magic?" Jack asked. She pulled a golden contract from the folder, "It seems like the Headmaster and Azul made a negotiation. I could unlock the memories this contract beholds."