90 | Suspicions

*Rotsself and K-169211, I'm watching both of you

*And you'll love the antagonist for Pomefiore Arc, I can guarantee that

- Devildom, RAD -

Diavolo was searching for ways to teleport to another world, with Lucifer and Simeon helping him. Now that they've known where (Name) and Luke had gone, they just need to go to Twisted Wonderland themselves to retrieve the beloved beings back to their world...

     "Lord Diavolo, I have seen this in the room of (Name)," Solomon entered the student council room with a red book in hand. "Pardon my intrusion, but I have remembered (Name) used to tell me she's trying to find ways to teleport to another world. She showed me this book before and I might think it can help us."

     "Can I see?" Diavolo asked, asking Solomon to give the book to him. The sorcerer gave the book to the Prince and he opened it, "It's about portals. There are notes that she even wrote as warnings," Diavolo whispered as he observed the book.

The steps are complicated, but either way, it's possible to get (Name) using this book's help. There are a lot of offerings of human souls and ancient relics that were instinctive already, but among them stands out is the note written on page 34: Risky, do not continue. She must've stopped to avoid it...

     "Why did she stop?" Lucifer asked, peeking from the book. Simeon must've understood the note she placed there, "She knows she'll risk a timeline to do such portal and it's believed if you remove something in the flow of time, something bad will happen," he remarked.

     "All existing realities will suffer because the balance is ruined," Solomon remarked. "We don't want that after all."

     "Considering she can see both the past and future, she can create a pathway to another reality," Diavolo nodded. "I don't feel like she's doing well in that world... Something is wrong," he stated.

- (Twisted Wonderland) Kingdom of Thorns, Barbatos's room -

The demoness sighed at the decision she made, it was a mistake—to agree to a ridiculous request made by the Prince of Thorns. She was alone with Luke while she held her head in dismay that she was outsmarted by him, this must be the warning Barbatos had told her...

     "How foolish..." She uttered while looking at her left hand. To think a demoness like her was played by a Prince-like him, but then again he's not someone to underestimate because he's also a powerful magician and his wisdom isn't a joke, "The wedding won't happen..." She whispered.

Her left ring finger glistened with the emerald gem of Malleus's confession ring—he took her lovely gestures to another level, thinking that she was in love with him despite her doing that to everyone. She can't afford to let him get what he desires...

     "Barbatos, I'll be waiting for your next visit... I'm sorry for not heeding your warning," she apologized, hoping for her future self to hear her apology. She's disappointed in herself, to say the least, to allow someone to take advantage of her, 'I need to know who's the higher-up that took my magic, too...' She told herself.

She needs to plan her escape from this Kingdom without tarnishing the Prince's reputation. If the plan won't happen, then she'll choose violence to escape his grasp around her. She took off the ring and placed it inside the box Malleus left on the bedside table...

- Scarabia Dorm, Lounge -

Turns out the carpet was Kalim's favorite treasure among them and he brought the Ramshackle students to fly around the dorm to savor the air inside it, making them delighted because of it. Grim and Yuu have fun with the flying carpet, satisfying Kalim's expectations since he made them happy...

     "Why did Jamil excuse Kalim?" Yuu asked himself as he and Grim sat in the lounge. Grim shrugged, "I dunno. I don't see anything wrong with it since their friends after all!" He replied, waiting for dinner.

The students were grumbling about how tired they are today after finishing their homework and magic lessons. Everyone in Scarabia was lively even though it was a tiring day, making the Ramshackle students delighted that there was someone sane in this messed-up school...

     "The floor is heated up, too! It's much better, unlike our dorm~! Kalim's a great guy, too, so I might consider staying here," Grim chortled. Yuu rolled his eyes, "Sure, rat. I don't they'll agree to be a student here anyway, you're too dumb," he insulted and snickered at the cat—who was offended because of it.

     Jamil entered the lounge, clearing his throat to gather everyone's attention, "I'm guessing everyone's here. The Dorm Leader is here to announce something before we start dinner," he said. Then Kalim came from behind with his head lowered, no one can see his face and it made a student wonder what he was announcing, "The dorm leader wants to announce something?" He asked Grim.

     Grim nodded, "Yep~! Kalim said something about stopping training and letting you guys so, I'm sure you guys will be happy!" He whispered to the student, who seem to be delighted. Yuu sighed at the cat's loud mouth, "You're too loud, Grim. Shut up, will you?" He favored.

     The cat scratched Yuu's hand, "I'm not being nosy! Plus it'll be sad since I won't eat good food every day, yanno?!" He hissed at the injured Ramshackle Dorm Leader. That's when Kalim raised his head and glared at everyone, it surprised the dorm leader of Ramshackle because his once lively red eyes turned into lifeless ones, "What happened to his eyes—"

Kalim started to announce that they'll be staying in their dorms and starting training once the clock strikes 6 in the morning, but then he realized something. It's not enough to improve—everyone was surprised since it's the complete opposite of what he said earlier...

     "There's no way we'll improve in a short time, that's why I propose to extend your efforts twice... Wait, no... FIVE TIMES THE EFFORT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO EMBARRASS THE SCARABIA DORM!" Kalim announced. "Starting tomorrow, we'll be changing our schedule into five hours of studying and four hours of magic training!" He said.

     "Nine hours of work?! That's ridiculous!" Grim complained. Kalim glared at the students, "I want everyone to start defensive magic training after dinner, so eat already! Be fast!" He yelled.

     "What's happening...?" Yuu asked, grabbing Kalim's shoulders. "You, as well! Yuu and Grim will be participating since you're staying in the dorm! Go eat already!" The dorm leader of Scarabia announced, surprising Yuu and Grim.

Grim was complaining why them, too—meanwhile, Yuu saw the smirk planted on Jamil's face as he looked at Kalim. He can feel something is wrong in this dorm, he couldn't bring himself into knowing who is behind this or what's the motive of the one behind it...

     "Shit..."

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

(バルバトス)