108 | Servant

*Few more chapters and I'll end this book

- ??? -

In the middle of a corridor, two kids are seen chasing each other. Barbatos took a close look at the commotion occurring, it was a Young Jamil and Kalim. The Young Al-Asim is trying to provoke his retainer into playing another round of a game, so he can win against Jamil...

     "I wanna play something else, too—"

     His Mother took his ear, making Jamil wince in pain, "Jamil! How dare you talk to Master Kalim like that!" She chided. Jamil's father bowed in front of Kalim, "I'm sorry on behalf of my foolish son's declining your offer," he apologized.

     "We're glad to have a kind Master like yourself, Master Kalim," his Mother added and bowed as well.

The first memory when I was a child is my parents pampering Kalim...

I hated it...

     His father took his arm forcefully, "Jamil, every time Master Kalim wants to duel with you, I want you to make sure to loosen yourself the third time, am I clear? Don't try to have a higher ranking than him, alright?" His father stated. His mother nodded beside her husband, "Indeed, my love. We know you're a smart child. I want you to understand how we feel—"

     "I know..."

Kalim's parents are better than mine...

So he should be better than me...

Everything—studying, exercising, and even playing—I could never surpass Kalim...

Every time I'm with him, I should hold back...

The Young Kalim ran towards Jamil, showing his trophy with the label 1st Place. It seems like he was the winner of the dancing festival this year, Jamil didn't say anything and just nodded by it. Next thing is, they're playing Mancala with Kalim leading—3 over 2. Then followed with a test, Kalim was patting Jamil's head because he got a 70 while he got a 75...

You didn't win against me...

I lose against you on purpose!

You're always dense, get a grip!

Fool!

     "What? You're making me Dorm leader?" Kalim asked the past dorm leader and Crowley, pointing at himself. Then he held Jamil's hands, sparkling in glee, "I dunno why they chose me, but I'll do my best, Jamil! You're the best, best, best!" He exclaimed, hugging him.

     The scene immediately changed into the Headmaster's Office, with Jamil and the Headmaster inside, "Headmaster, why did you choose Kalim as the dorm leader?!" The braided man asked, disappointed. "He's no special student and just a sophomore! Plus we're the ones saving him from the mistakes he did—"

     "I know you're aware that sophomores are allowed to be dorm leaders," Crowley interrupted Jamil's complaint. Before he could bicker again, the Headmaster continued, "Jamil Viper, there are things grades cannot do. You see, the Asim family has donated a lot to this school... Of course, I don't encourage this action. However, you're an outstanding student and I hope you understand..."

They're—no... All the adults are saying the same thing...

"You're a sharp kid, you'll understand," but who'll be there to understand me?

"Jamil! Let's support each other, okay?"

Stop it.

"Jamil would never betray me! You're my friend after all!"

Just stop it! Please!

As long as you're alive, Kalim...

My misery won't end...

I could never win against you because all my life is holding back against you...

- Scarabia Dorm, Lounge -

The demoness's expression was sour once she opened her eyes. Everyone was watching her heal Jamil's wounds, her hands at the sides of his head and he was resting on her lap. She could use some conversation with the Headmaster to talk about his lack of tolerance towards his students...

     "(Name)-san, did something happen?" Jade asked, worried about the demoness's expression. She smiled at him, "No need to worry, Jade. I'm just having quite a hard time healing Jamil-san's wounds... I think we went too far," she sighed.

     "Emerald Cory, I want to be healed too~!" Floyd complained, placing his head on her shoulder. "Sea Snake is having the time of his life... So jealous~! I also wanted to be healed, too!" He whined.

     "Wait in line, Floyd," Azul said, glaring at the silly twin. "You see she's healing the most wounded among us, right?"

Floyd grumbled and waited for her to finish. Kalim was sobbing on Jamil's unconscious body, waiting for him to be awoken. Yuu was also unconscious, laying on the sofa as Grim watched him...

     "Ah... He's regaining consciousness," the demoness stated as he saw Jamil scrunching his face. He looked at the demoness and sat up, "Where am I?" He asked, rubbing his head.

     "I'm glad you've regained consciousness. Someone is worried about you," the demoness smiled nervously. Jamil raised an eyebrow and Kalim immediately hugged him, "JAMIL! WAHHHH!" He sobbed.

The demoness chuckled at the sight, while the others sighed because it seems like Kalim forgot about punching Jamil. After all, he betrayed him. The dorm leader of Scarabia was happy Jamil was alive and well, he's even apologizing for how harsh the world is to Jamil...

     "Because of that, he betrayed you, Kalim-san. I hope you understand now," Azul stated from behind. Floyd nodded, "Yep~! In all of Sea Snake's life, he's thinking about how dumb you are, Sea Otter~!" He chortled.

     "Dude, read the atmosphere, will you?!" Grim yelled.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

(バルバトス)