Chapter Forty Seven

"First Malfoy as a weasel," Fred rambled on as he, George, Oliver, and Gwen made their way through the night

"First Malfoy as a weasel," Fred rambled on as he, George, Oliver, and Gwen made their way through the night. Malfoy as a weasel was one particular bit of the day that Gwen had missed in her haste to get away from Cedric and his questions, and if she were being honest, she quite regretted missing it. "And then all those badges going wonky."

"Oh, how Ridgeway screamed like a little girl." Oliver sighed dreamily, making Gwen let out a small laugh. She could just imagine the scene and it brought her a whole new sense of joy. She wasn't sure if she was supposed to like that sense of joy, but she did. "Right in the middle of class too. Beautiful."

"If only someone knew who did it!" Fred grumbled out in displeasure. "We've asked everyone. Students, teachers, even the paintings and ghosts. No one has any clue who was behind it."

"Oh, I'm sure you'll find out sooner or later." Gwen reassured the duo, sharing a knowing look with George behind their backs. However, they quickly looked away once they noticed Fred and Oliver turning to them.

"Do you think it could have been someone from the other schools? It has to be, right?" Oliver asked curiously. "Maybe we've finally met our match." He suggested, and Gwen had to do her best to keep herself from laughing with each new thing either one of the two said or guessed.

"Why would it have to be someone from another school?" George asked curiously, looking down to the uneven ground in front of them as he nearly tripped over a set of roots. Extending his hand to Gwen he helped her over them without a second thought, momentarily getting a sense of Déjà vu about it all.

"Well, it can't be someone from Hogwarts. If it were, where were they all this time?" Fred pointed out as if it's the most obvious thing.

"Maybe this was the first time they tried it." Gwen suggested, hoping she wasn't being too obvious about it all.

"Hah! Good one!" Oliver and Fred laughed together, and it wasn't long before George and Gwen joined them in their amusement, although their source of it was different.

"Well, I guess we'll never know." George finally said with a simple shrug of his shoulders.

"Why aren't you more curious about this? Why don't you want to know?" Fred eyed his brother suspiciously. So far, neither he nor Oliver suspected him of being the one to prank the badges. After all, he wouldn't do something like that without them. But it was certainly within his skillset.

"Maybe because he already does." Gwen said with a teasing look on her face that made both Fred and Oliver pause as she passed by them. "Oh look, there's your brother."

"Charlie!" George called out as he continued to walk by her side over to the older Weasley whose eyes now turned to them with a smile. Unlike him and Gwen, the other two Gryffindors, lingered back, sharing a surprised look between themselves.

"You don't think..."

"Impossible..."

"She'd include us..."