Chapter Fifteen

"You did the right thing, but Wood is right too

"You did the right thing, but Wood is right too. It's not like the Dementors are in your control." Gwen reassured Cedric who was still dressed in his Quidditch robes as they made their way to the Hospital Wing once the Hufflepuff vs. Gryffindor match had finished.

Cedric had caught the Snitch, bringing the win to Hufflepuff, but the circumstances under which it happened weren't ideal. Poor Harry had been ambushed by a pair of Dementors, causing him to fall off his broom while he and Cedric were in pursuit of the Golden Snitch. As soon as he realized what had happened, Cedric offered the captain of the Gryffindor team a rematch, however, Wood had declined.

"It still doesn't feel like a fair win." The Diggory explained with a small frown on his face, intending to bring up his offer once again, just to be sure Wood hadn't changed his mind in the meantime. Gwen suspected he'd keep asking for as long as the chance to request a rematch was available.

Soon, the two Hufflepuffs entered the Hospital Wing and it wasn't hard to guess which bed Harry was occupying as a group of red and gold clad students circled around it. Moving closer, Gwen was relieved to see that Harry was now awake and talking to his friends and teammates that surrounded him.

"Diggory, Gwen, what brings you here?" Oliver was the first to notice their approach, the Captain fixing both with curious looks, but his eyes seemed devoid of any anger or resentment directed at the Hufflepuffs

"I wanted to talk to you again Wood, captain to captain." Cedric explained and an amused smile appeared on Wood's face.

"Alright, I'll entertain you, but I'm sure the answer is still a no." The Gryffindor Captain said in a confident tone, clapping Cedric's back in a friendly manner as he led him away from the crowd of curious onlookers.

"And what about you Song? Here to claim the spoils of victory?" Fred asked with a smirk, rendering Gwen confused for a moment. She wouldn't dream of rubbing the Hufflepuff win in their faces at this time. Or any time for that matter. But instead of pointing that out, she brushed away the confusion and continued to answer Fred's question.

"I just wanted to check on Harry." She stated, her eyes moving towards the wounded Seeker. "How are you feeling?" She asked with a kind smile.

"Better, thanks. Say... Do you think your mum could come by again to fix me up fully?" Harry asked lightly, remembering his last year when Gwen and Oliver's mum had been at Hogwarts to watch one of the games and was luckily able to mend his arm after Lockhart mangled, or in Nadia Volkov's words, butchered, the bone healing spell.