Chapter 2: Awakening the Beast

I felt a few gloved hands probe my tail. Poking my feet and even examing my teeth. I was still groggy from the sedative, so I didn't lash out much. I signaled to the scientists that I was awake by opening my eyes and lashing my tail. The fog of unnatural sleeps till hung in fragments over my minds. I heard a gasp as I lifted my head, the sound was a frightened and fascinated one.

I let out a growl that made her come closer. I could hear her footsteps in the now dark room. I could kind of make out what she looked like, but not much. She reached out a hand and pet my tail, running her uncovered hand down the length of my tail.

I lifted my head, swivling it to see the person who snuck into the lab. A young human.... My mind was slowly gaining function as I mulled over why such a young human came to see me.

She crept along my side trying to not get caught by possibly her parents or whoever kept her. I knew that humans lived with their offspring for a ling time but she seems to be 16. As she turned her head to face me I ducked my head down so that my whole head was in her line of sight.

"AH!God damn..." She gulped down her fear of me. An interesting way of keeping people from finding out about her being here.

I let out an amused purr. Such a funny human she was. I cocked my head at her and poked her with my tail. Her eyes widened and I sat up. My front claws wrapped around her torso and I pulled her closer, careful not to hurt her.

My other paw was sitting on the cool metal table. She clasped her hands over her mouth so not to scream. I watched her intensely until a bright light flashed and I dropped her to the floor. She landed with a thud and I pretended to be asleep. I heard an angry voice as the door slid open. "HEY!WHY ARE YOU IN HERE?" An angry man screamed at the girl in front if my head.

She cried out to him, fear sparked in her voice. "I know he's safe! He picked me up and was so gentle."

"Impossible, he is a dangerous specimen and you won't try and go near him again." His voice was angry and evil.

I hated this man, I knew he was to die as soon as he stepped in the room