Chapter 8: Breaking Lucifer (pt 2)

She walked me into a chamber of pure white. My sickle claw clicked rhythmically on the tiles, a chuff came from my nose as she unclipped the chain. "Hush, you are being watched." She spoke in a low voice, and I heeded her warning.

I looked around my new environment, searching for any obvious signs of how someone could watch me. I hated how vulnerable I felt, but I knew I needed to pay attention to this place more than myself. Live off of instinct. Follow nothing but how you would react in the wild and their instructions.

My brain rationalized how I had to live and I felt the muzzle fall off my face. I whipped my head around, wanting to face whoever had undone it. My tail lashed and I chirped in a curious manner. A dart flew across the room and I hopped to the side, slapping it with my long front claws. Fear flashed in my eyes and I panted, trying to regain a normal breathing pattern.

I blinked twice and whipped my head around to see a hole in the wall about the size of my pupils. I unleashed a snarl from the back of my throat, the guttural sound scared me even a little. Usually I didn't have to fight anything but as the scent of another small predator filled the air a new instinct I didn't know I had kicked in.

My breathing was calm for how fast my mind was spinning. A troodon was released from a door that had opened and closed in a few moments. Its small frame was muscular and structured to be fast and agile. But I was created, at least my father was, to destroy. A weapon of mass destruction. The small feathered dinosaurs eyes were wild and a but foggy. I found it strange but knew I needed to react quickly.

Its legs tensed up before releasing it from a still position and it sprinted at a force I knew was unnatural. It jumped, immediately trying to attack my head and neck. Naive. Probably not even six years of age. I thought sympathetically.

I stepped out of the way my tail wrapping around its and throwing it backwards with full force. It hit one of the eerie white walls with a crack and slid down, leaving a thick smear of blood. I stared at the limp body a few hundred feet in front of me.

Even from here I could see the short, shallow gasps in its sides and I ran at it. Jumping up high enough I clung to the wall with my front two paws and one of my back feet. I stuck the other down and stuck my sickle claw into its skull like I did with the evil scientist. When I knew it was dead I removed my claw and was surprised to see a sharp blade come from the other wall.

It cut through the air and in barely enough time I fell to the ground. It lodged itself in the wall and multiple projectiles dropped and were found from the ceiling and walls. I used my tail to bat them away and ran.

Sadly I wasn't safe. A dull thud hit me in the back of my head and the white room faded from my gaze. I called out in a scared, soft roar. No one would aid me. I knew that much.

I was alone, only to be trained and harbored as a weapon of war.