Pillow Talk

-Matty's POV-

One hot clammy afternoon, the windows curtained over by sheets, we lie on my bed, the room still and silent. I run my fingers down her back, the curve of it a young dove, her skin like feathers.
"Was it good?" I ask. I always ask, because I want to make sure it was good for the both of us.
"You are immensely giving" she says with a smile, kissing the tips of the two fingers I'd used on her just moments before. I moan softly. Her kisses were electric.
"When was your first time?" I ask before I can stop myself. I'm quite certain it isn't me, but somehow I wish it so.
She looks me in the eye, her face like the moon; one half dark, the other lit by late afternoon sun.
"I lost my virginity when I was very young" she says.
I try not to flinch.
"To a foreign exchange student who didn't speak the language."
"And then what happened?" I find myself asking, intrigued.
She sighs.
"And then nothing. He went back to Vietnam and I moved away and I never saw him again. Much like every other person in my life."
"Vietnam" I asked astounded, raising an eyebrow.
"Trang Nguyen" she laughs softly
"Do you think about him from time to time?" I can't help but press on.
"Umm" she takes a moment to mull it over.
"I haven't thought about him since I moved, actually. Is that odd?"
"No my love," I say. "I think you've just gotten really good at goodbyes."
"What about you?" she brings it back to me.
"Ohhhh... I don't remember, there's just been too many" I say and she smacks my arm playfully.
"Okay okay" I sigh. "Well, I was also very young when it happened. Molly and I, as you know, have been friends since forever"
She nods.
"So obviously, I lost my virginity to... " I try to stall.
"To? Molly?" She asks rather impatiently
I make a face and try to hide between her chest.
"Tomollysbestfriend" I squeak.
"Matty!" She props herself up on her elbows to fully look at me. "That. Is. Diabolical." she says displeased, but when I gather the courage to look up at her, her expression betrays her amusement.
"Do you have anything to say for yourself Mr. Healy?" She demands.
"I had to let it be known that no girl could cuff this" I joke, pointing exaggeratedly at myself.
"You're awful" she says, but even she can't help but laugh. "I hope you've apologised to the poor girl" she says more seriously now.
"Babe, let's not forget she got me hooked on DRUUUUGS-UH" I say. "I think we're more than even."
"You're so hot when you don't take accountability" she retorts, while rolling her eyes at me. I loved when she did that. It came so naturally to her. She reserves her best eye rolls for me.
"You know what a better question is?" I ask.
"What?"
"Ask me how many girls I've dated"
"How many girls have you dated?"
"Zero." I smile. "Apart from you, of course."
"Oh?" Her eyes widen with surprise and excitement. "We're dating now, are we?"
"Yes we are." I say provocatively as I prop myself up as well so we're at eye level.
"So... you're saying I'm your girlfriend?" She bites her lower lip
"And I, your loyal boyfriend" I purr into her ear.
She giggles and kisses me on the lips.
I don't know how else to say this, but we kiss well together. I think she feels it too. Because her mouth widens and softens, the tip of her tongue free. I kiss her neck. There is a faint perfume behind her ears. Like cherries and tobacco. She lifts her face to the sky, to the stars. I lean into her, until I pin her down with my weight. And then I take her again, right there on my bed, in all the ways I'd imagined numerous times before. I didn't need drugs. She was my drug.