Chapter One

"The house of Perzys, just like a few others, managed to escape the fire that consumed Old Valyria. It has always been told that they were a respected and prominent house, but fewer than two people truly managed to flee from the cataclysm of an unspecified nature. Most believed that it was fire; by fire, they were made and by fire, they were consumed. The family almost saw their culture vanish. They watched as the Targaryens ascended to the throne of the Seven Realms and helped them do so.

They were placed in a castle on the northern side of the map, where old kings once resided. At first, it was incredibly unstable and precarious. But they rebuilt it to resemble their old palaces in Valyria, and the Targaryens moved to King's Landing.

Compared to the other families that came from Valyria with them, their eyes were not purple but red, all except one.

Aerglo Perzys, the third oldest son of Ser Maegor, rode a dragon of the purest black, with scales as thick as diamond, and the reddest eyes, which did not match perfectly because of a genetic trait. Some old sayings suggested that the boy was a bastard due to this trait, but Maegor would never accept it. He loved his wife and remained faithful until the day she died.

The day she died marked the beginning of Aerglo's problems because his father married a new wife who couldn't tolerate the boy's brilliance. She was an insufferable person, claiming that her family consisted only of her two daughters. Unfortunately, Aerglo could understand her situation, as she had been married to a 40-year-old man as soon as she started menstruating. So, at seventeen years old, he traveled to King's Landing, now just a few miles from the city walls, accompanied by his sister – a fifteen-year-old girl with an oval face, a slight chubbiness, high cheekbones, and a radiant smile.

She would accompany him in the search for a husband and his brother – a nineteen-year-old man with a strong jaw and hair that reached the middle of his back. He was considered the most handsome man in the realms but already had a wife for himself, who had come to settle matters with the king or his hand, depending on who assumed the Iron Throne.

"Zaldrītsos is upset," Nymeria, his sister, said, peering through the carriage window they were seated in. Four comfortable cushions were placed beneath them, although only three were inside. So, his sister was more than okay with reclining on two of them. The siblings could hear the people outside shouting in excitement as the dragons soared through the blue sky.

"He has been upset ever since he received that name," Maekar retorted. Zaldrītsos meant 'little dragon,' but he had grown so big that he could easily compare, if not surpass, Caraxes in size. Maekar gave a big smile to his sister, matching his handsome looks, even though his nightly activities while intoxicated could be a serious pain for the family patriarch.

It was often said that the Perzys family was a hateful bunch of people, but they were kind-hearted.

The house motto, embroidered in many places, read: 'The flame and hatred shall consume them all,' which had been something a bit more pleasant before they lost their power and were reduced to mere Ser status.

"He was little, so it's only fair that his name reflects it," Aerglo retorted, opening the carriage door. The newly made man hated riding horses; he much preferred flying with his dragon. However, their newfound status meant they couldn't appear in carriages, which was acceptable for commoners but sacrilege for nobles.

Maekar, right behind Aerglo, signaled to the guards, who quickly made space in the entourage of at least fifteen men. It was a symbol of strength that the Perzys family always sought to maintain.

They had earned their wealth by offering soldiers to both lesser and greater houses. Their city served as a training ground for the best soldiers they had, and their soldiers' loyalty elevated them to a powerful house. At least seventy percent of King's Landing's soldiers hailed from their lands.