Chapter Seventeen

A/N I am so sorry for the lateness for the chapter, and how short it is, I will update asap.

Aerglo slowly scanned the scene around him, blinking to adjust his blurry vision. The first face he managed to recognize had him dodging on the bed. What the fuck was an old man doing picking at his chest. The boy quickly regretted his decision, letting out a cry of pain.

"Ser Perzys, take it easy, please. I'm just changing the bandages." Then Aerglo realized that he was a Maester, and the events played out in his head. Second by second of that tournament. Terrance's death took a while to sink in, it hadn't been a dream and the same sword that had killed him had been the one that had pierced and killed its wielder.

"Do you know any news of my squire?" he questioned, his voice slow to come out, and when it finally did, it was husky and broken. Aerglo again stirred under the Maester's touch as he lifted him to wrap the bandages around his chest and back.

"He left with his late brother, it's been three days, you haven't woken up in six." The Maester explained it, Aerglo's eyes widened.

"He is gone for good?" Asked Aerglo.

"Sir, you have harder things to deal with, but no, your squire is not gone forever. However, you made fun of the master of laws, the situation is complicated in court." The old man explained it, Aerglo rolled his eyes and looked quickly through the room, confirming that it was indeed his and not a prison.

"Well he is the master of the laws, he should have known that this is a law and it can happen, no one surrendered. I don't care, I've had bigger problems with the court, remind him we have dragons, please." Aerglo answered him, straightening up and arranging the pillow on his back, when at last the Maester was finished, his eyes quickly closed again.

"Do you have any death wishes?" The scream made his head throb, instantly opening his eyes with fright, making him grimace at the sudden movement it made.

Aerglo noticed that his room was being lit by candles, he had slept a lot since the Maester had visited him to change his bandages.

"Usually one starts by saying: I'm glad you're alive and not killing me from the heart." Aerglo recognized Aemond's voice instantly and despite the shout, his face wore a relieved look. The prince pressed his steps to get close to the injured man's bed.

"I spent six nights, six nights by your side, when you could have refused the fight." Aemond complained, the voice held a tenderness now, the prince brushed the sweaty hair from Aerglo's forehead and laid his hand on his jaw affectionately.

"It was kill or be killed, even if I surrendered, I know he would kill me. Then I continued." Aerglo replied, staring into his eye as the boy carefully brushed every hair from his face.

"Afterwards, you even threw his head for all the court to see, what a beautiful thing how stupid you are." Aemond judged him, but he kissed his forehead and Aerglo was silly with the whole situation of him being by his side every day. Nothing stopped him from imagining the future of the two and stories built in their heads, but one day the prince would have to marry, Aerglo retreated from the kiss unconsciously.

Aemond ignored him and planted another kiss there.

"I want your master of laws to fuck off, I want to see my dragon, and we have a wedding to attend. I don't give a fuck if I killed his brother, his sister killed my family." Aerglo said faster than his breath could hold, making him sound like a boy going through puberty mixing a thin voice with a thick one. Aemond laughed at the poor bastard's despair.

"I had forgotten about the wedding. He can fuck off, we have a promise to keep, once you get better. You can't even speak properly! As for your family, you've made them proud, I'm sure." Aemond comforted him, settling his gaze on Aerglo's bare chest and bandage. "You are incredibly stupid, seriously."

"My gods, leave me alone if you're going to say I'm stupid. Or move me aside like a good prince and lie with me." Aerglo had decided that the present was his best phase, and he should live there. Because the way he treated him was the present itself.

Even if he asked, he was surprised by the prince gentle responding, Aemond's action raised him, carefully, even with some grimaces on the part of Aerglo, who did not let a single sound be issued in order not to frighten the prince.

The prince left a space for himself as he cautiously positioned him on the bed. Aerglo was surprised at how little effort he had made to lift it. Aerglo was grateful that Aemond had not once listened to him about entering the tourney, they could have a match and Perzys was sure that whatever the prince could have, he would give it, even if he could get it by himself, and probably Aemond would be pissed because he would've thrown the fight.

Aemond joined the bed with Aerglo, pulling the blanket to cover both of them, it was night and even though it was in the South, there was nothing that two bodies together warmed up more.