Chapter Four

It wouldn't take them long to stop at an inn; they were a few days ahead of the marching soldiers, but the time of year was unfortunate, and the inn would probably be full.

With Aemond's help, Aerglo dismounted from Vhagar a few miles from where they saw their sleeping place. Vhagar had flapped his wings to some cave to rest, and the boys had descended into a forest, both of them with their swords already out of their holsters. You never knew what kind of bandits might attack them.

Aemond led the way, although Aerglo was sure he was the better swordsman of the two. But each one was watching the other's backs, and it wasn't long before they found, among the green space, a humble two-story inn made of stone. A torch next to a sign warned that rooms were available.

"Ruaragon aōha laesi, ȳdra daor sagon doru-borto," Aemond warned, before putting on his own cloak, covering his violet eye and the eye patch itself, and putting their swords back into their holders. Aerglo repeated the gesture and followed the boy through the trees to the inn. They were close to the north, and the cold was starting to lash their skin, so it wasn't that uncommon for people to wear such cloaks so far below the map, and innkeepers didn't ask as many questions.

Heads down, the boys walked the stone path that led them to where they would spend the night. Aemond was the one who opened the door. It was relatively empty, with drunks spilling over counters or chairs. The eldest followed the boy, and behind a counter, they found someone who they assumed was the owner.

Aemond dropped a gold dragon coin onto the counter. The innkeeper was surprised at the value and without a word, guided them up the creaky stairs to a room, which honestly wasn't too bad.

"Do not disturb us," Aemond ordered and closed the door once they were inside. It was a stay that was known to be on the King's Road. The room had two single beds separated by an old rug, a small table with candles on top, and at each left corner of the bed an identical one.

"It's not that bad," Aerglo commented, sitting up on his bed for just two seconds before it collapsed beneath him. Aemond gave a discreet chuckle, but it soon broke into a laugh, the boy unable to get up. At great cost, on the part of the youngest, he made the decision to help lift Aerglo up. The Perzys took hold of Aemond's hand, pulling him to the same spot on the floor as he was, and gave the Targaryen a silly smile.

Despite their one-year age difference, Aerglo was certainly more childish than Aemond. Even though Aemond pretended the situation was awful, he hid his laughter. Both of their hairs were already out of their capes after the bed fiasco.

p. "Iksan jāre naejot found se marizzo se epagon ejot arlinnon." (We should speak only Valyrian; let's not use the common language ) They had come to an agreement to speak only Valyrian, not using the common language, in case the inn had ears. Aerlglo quickly lifted up, and covered Aemond's hair before he exited the room.

Aerglo waited on the bed that was in perfect condition, and his mind started to wander. Who was the maniac who had used the bed so vigorously to make it break like that? Or did their nobility customs not apply to inn beds?

Aemond returned, and Aerglo noticed his face, which was hard to get expressions from other than a sneer, was definitely pissed off. For the first time, he hated Aemond's grimace.

"Pōnta ȳdra daor emagon mirros." They don't have anything. "Just a comforter." Aerglo huffed and started pulling the blanket off the bed. As Aemond threw him what was in his hand.

"This stinks," Aerglo complained, putting the stinking comforter underneath, trying to make a bed between the floor and the two beds (one lost). Aemond simply made himself in his bed, taking off his cloak and leaving it on the table next to him, blowing out the candle. Aerglo huffed as he tucked the other blanket over the stinky one. "Smells tolī than aōha zaldrīzes." It stinks more than your dragon, Aerglo complained, placing the pillow on top of his makeshift bed.