Chapter Seven

A/N I am going through some edits in the first chapters, not anything that change the story, just more readable and understable

Aerglo's back arched and his ass felt like rock, his northern robes no longer suited to the weather that reached the south. Sweat ran down his back. His marks made with dragon blood increasingly bled against his robes. He'd never spent so much time away and hadn't expected it to be like this, although with a quick thought, he'd know he'd do the exact thihng. Even if time passed he would honor his family.

This time when he ride to King's Landing, there was no carriage, there were no women, his sister was long gone, so the boy had to continue with the horse. He fixed his nose ring and anything that bothered him every five minutes, the trip was going to be hell, to finally see paradise.

His master-at-arms was beside him, riding his horse, just like Aerglo, and he had been aware of Ser Aerglo's discomfort from the very beginning of the journey. He had changed from a white robe underneath for a black one days ago, as it had been covered in blood.

Magic, the Perzys called it, of the dragon, and the maester called that was an infection, either way had an absurd activity. Each day they went without their dragon was a new wound, and Aerglo was almost to his three months without it.

The boy fixed his hair at the sight of the sky one of the same magic he shared in Valyria's blood. Bronze with green highlights. Vhagar. Aemond had met halfway. Every wing beat the dragon took was a step back from their horses. Aerglo didn't wait, he quickly dismounted from his horse and ran towards Vhagar and of course Aemond. The entourage that was with him, this time of less than ten horses, had moved away. His master-at-arms hadn't retreated that far, but he knew Aerglo's need for a quicker ride to the dragon pit.

Each step of Aerglo was defined with a descent of Vhagar to the ground, the boy didn't care about the size of the dragon in front of him either, he had mounted it and would rather die by the dragon's breath than prevent it from getting closer to him. Zaldrītsos, even if miles ahead.
He circled Vhagar as he neared the dragon, and was met by Aemond, riding in all his glory. His hair flying in the south wind, the eye patch made Aerglo's pocket burn, and a concern for the older man's well-being. Aerglo was grateful.

"How are the injuries?" Aemond questioned, as soon as he dismounted from Vhagar, not caring about the entourage behind, all with a curious look and even distressed with the dragon in front and his master so close, but whispers already circulated through the kingdom, they had an almost peculiar friendship.

Aerglo, didn't show his wounds, but what escaped the neck Aemond noticed that they looked like they were made with a knife, they were raw. "Terrible." he reiterated. Everyone knew the affinity the house had for dragons.

"I'm sorry, as soon as I received the crow I came to meet you on the king's road." Aemond didn't dare touch Aerglo, but he apologized nonetheless. Even though the boy took moons to respond to his message. He honestly didn't care as long as he was okay. "Come on up soon, Vhagar is tired, but I believe we arrive on a flight." Aerglo cared about respect, even if his skin burned.

He walked, again circling the dragon in front of his entourage, and saluted.

"We meet at the Red Keep, everyone who does not have the need to accompany me can go." Aerglo ordered, the road wasn't that dangerous in those days, they could easily access it without moribund attacking them. On account of the banner that a man carried, just as the Targaryens were a dragon, but unlike the three heads, they had two men side by side with the dragon, symbolizing the two people who had come to Westeros, in search of the peace that the dream of the dragon had shown.