Chapter Ten

Aerglo felt his hair blowing in the wind, adrenaline made his heart imitate the sound of Zaldrītsos' wings, the dragon flew with the skill of his rider. Honestly, every time he looked around and saw Vhagar, it seemed that the elder she-dragon had a distaste for the black dragon, who didn't know how to sit still and glide. The younger dragon liked, as well as the owner of a more nuanced flight with loops around the older one.

Aemond, liked a flight without many frills, just to reach the destination with full control of the dragon. He was grateful to have a dragon, and the biggest one of all, he didn't need to tire her anymore, but he liked to see the smile in all the crazy things Aerglo did with Zaldrītsos, he was feeding on the older's happiness.

Aerglo, compared to Aemond, was wearing a dark yellow flight robe, in a medallion color, his hair had a kind of bow that prevented it from falling into his flying eyes, while the youngest was wearing black robes, as usual, and with his hair mixed in a stuck hair on the top part, and the bottom loose.

It took a long time for Aerglo to point out the island, they flew across the Narrow Sea, heading south. From the sky, Aemond could see how paradisiacal it was, it was an archipelago, not a single island, but very small and with waters as clear as the pool on the volcanic island. Zaldrītsos flew over his head, sure if dragons rolled their eyes, Vhagar would, as did -Aemond.The two landed on the sand, the sword kept in their holster, in front of a small jungle where any animal, or someone could be hidden, the two swords were carved in their pommels, a dragon in Aerglo's, and a ruby in Aemond's.

The carved dragon, was receiving endearments from Aerglo, while Aemond dismounted from Vhagar. A caress near Zaldrītsos's nostrils indicated the end of the conversation between the two.

"You have to talk to your dragon more, one day he won't understand the pact between you and you will need to scream to him, the commands." Aerglo pointed out, joining the younger one, their boot making contact with the sand, causing the older one to slip or slip. Aemond carried an unshakable pose.

"I think Vhagar is almost deaf, but I talk to her, just not all the time like you do." Aemond joked, getting a laugh out of Aerglo, it wasn't even that funny, but hearing Aemond joke about something was impressive.

The two dragons huddled together, quite a distance between them.

Aerglo walked a while in the island, guiding Aemond toward a tribute made by someone to the gods of ancient Valyria. Not all, the pantheon was very large, but at least fifteen of them. Valyria did not have a discrimination with religions so there was a lot of gods to be faithful, but Aemond could distinguish a statue made to Vhagar, the name of his dragon and also of a deity, he understood why Aerglo made him travel for a few hours until the place.

Aemond approached, touching every detail that could still be discerned of the deity."Syrax is over there, with Balerion. Those are the ones I was able to recognize, at least." Aerglo indicated to the youngest.

"Arrax, Caraxes, Meleys, Morghul, Shrykos, Tessarion, Terrax, Tyraxes, Vermax, and Vermithor, Balerion, Vhagar, Meraxes, and Syrax" Aemond pointed to each one he recognized to Aerglo, the gods forming a semicircle around an altar. "King Aenys was wed here." The youngest explained.

"How many books do you read a day?" Aerglo questioned, after passing his gaze over the statues and facing Aemond again, who seemed to be in the right place, somehow the elder managed to imagine him there. Everything seemed to be in perfect order.

"You found one of the last shrines to the gods of Valyria and you ask me how many books I read? This is amazing." Aemond grinned, looking all dazed. It was quite a discovery.

"This was worth the slap." Aerglo commented smiling, still looking at the boy. "But I don't want anyone to know from here, if they do, it won't last a century." Aerglo pleaded, pulling Aemond's arm and making him look into his eyes, in the middle of the semicircle.

"It was not my intention." Aemond answered him, focusing on his eyes, his hand slowly rising towards Aerglo.

And then the boy had a gay panic, in every possible letter. Aerglo laughed hysterichal, ran towards his dragon, opened a smile from ear to ear, talked a bit to Zaldrītsos, as Aemond looked static at the boy's reaction, and laughed to himself.

Aerglo took advantage of the proximity to Zaldrītsos and rummaged around in his cell, looking for a pen, ink and stationery, even, but much larger, some ribbons and returned at the same run, as if nothing had happened. Aemond continued to look at the gods, passing his hand each time he noticed a detail he had never seen in paintings, that were so rare to find. He noticed the elder walking towards him just because the sound of his footsteps.

"Take off the eyepatch." Aerglo ordered as soon as he got close to Aemond, sitting on the stone block, or the altar, which fit two people, patting the rock twice, indicating for Aemond to sit down. Who looked at him more dazed than at the statues. Aemond took the sapphire stone from his pocket, and indicated to him what he had promised. "Hurry up. I have to measure in order to sculpt. I promised you, remember? And you accepted."

 "I can no longer accept it." Aemond came close to Aerglo, sitting on the stone, looking into his dismatched eyes. The youngest always thought it was an incredible trait, when he still had his two, when they were little, he wanted them to be just like his. "It's a gift from your father."

 "My father gave me the greatest gift of being alive, giving the sapphire to a prince is a legacy that will continue." Aerglo explained and stretched his brow towards Aemond and his eyepatch, along with the scar.So the boy did it, carefully, taking what was holding in his hair, and leaving them also free, making them fly, different from Aerglo's that was still kept in a bun on top of his head. 

Honestly, he expected the worst, but it was a layer of flesh, as if when he pulled the eye down, that reddened part was consumed by the entire eye. Aemond watched the elder's reaction, but it wasn't disgust as expected, and so he felt more comfortable in the boy's presence. 

"I thought there was going to be a hole there." Aerglo commented, noting the scar that ran from his forehead to near his mouth. Aemond smiled. "I'll take the measurements, okay?" The youngest nodded his head. 

Aemond watched as Aerglo come closer and with the ribbons he carried in his hand land on top of where his eye was, and the youngest could see every feature of Perzys's face, how his face didn't seem to have any marks, just a mole that barely you could see so clearly, above his chin, the nose ring and so little freckles in that he couldn't notice it the first time.Aerglo was cutting the ribbons when he realized that the boy had finished and put it in his pocket along with the sapphire. 

"I'm going to draw the place now, you can leave if you want, or if you want to appear in the drawing, that's fine." Aerglo commented jokingly, looking at Aemond who was staring at him, not putting his eye patch back on. 

"I want to be drawn by you."