Chapter Twelve

The moon was at its highest point of the night when the two white-haired boys circled each other, torches rising across the courtyard. One day had passed since dinner and Aerglo went to collect his part of the promise. At eleven at night, after returning from a ride with his dragon, he knocked on the youngest's door anxiously, and minutes later, the two with the armor were in position to battle.

Aerglo took the first step, different from every time he fought, who was by waiting for his opponent. His honor was there, if he wasn't going to have to listen to Aemond rub victory in his face for moons. The other, fighting in the same place as he moons before, didn't expect it. The blow was reflected seconds late, slicing through a section of his armor fabric.

"Pathetic." Aerglo commented as Aemond prepared for his charge, the older man jumped to the left side, avoiding the blow. He thrust his own sword at the Targaryen, aiming for his belly, the blow stopped by the younger one, sliding his blade up the sword, to Perzys's arm, making the same cut.

"Pathetic." He imitated, and delivered another blow, deflected by Aerglo's sword and slashing himself with his own, bruising his cheek. "I didn't know you were such a fan of scarring." Aemond whispered, slamming his boot into Aerglo's chest, who scrambled to his feet.

No one got a victory point, no sword pressed against someone's vital point. Circled for hours, played dirty for hours. Honor was on both sides. In Aemond's eyes it was good that it ended up with the two of them lying in the middle of the courtyard, chests heaving in exhaustion, neither one winning and mocking the other for ages.

"Hey." Aerglo called the youngest, turning with difficulty until he rested his hand on the white-haired boy chest. "You don't fight badly." The eldest stared at Aemond through the torchlight of the courtyard, a smile on his face.

"I took it easy on you. Now get your elbow off my chest, you're breaking my ribs." Aemond answered him with a sarcastic smile, and felt the elder's full weight on top of his body, legs circling his waist, and arms pinning his own. Aemond left himself there, trapped, making no effort to get out.

So oblivious, he was startled when Aerglo pulled a dagger from his waist, placing it at his throat. Aemond's eye expressed betrayal. The boy remained static near the dagger, it would be a lie to say that he wasn't traumatized.

"Take it easy on me?" Aerglo questioned, running the dagger across his neck, superficially, but he didn't leave it there for long, when it was withdrawn, quickly a kiss was placed over the wound that the sword itself had made. Aemond was arrested again. Aerglo arranged his body on top of Aemond's waist, and let out a low chuckle, feeling the pressure of the middle of the others' pants.

"If you want to know another sword, you can let me know." Aerglo chuckled and was quickly thrown aside by Aemond. "Ouch." He complained like a child as he watched the other get up, the Perzys followed, as he left him behind in the courtyard. Quickening his pace, he found the youngest's hand finding his neck. Aerglo smiled, being pressed until he was short of breath.

"Don't talk shit, Perzys." Aemond answered him, letting go of his neck and facing him. Aerglo was simply on fire today, as the two met each other's gaze, the boy licked the scar on the Targaryen's cheek. "What is your problem today?" The boy questioned pushing him against the wall and walked away.

This time Aerglo went towards his room, the boy wanted to win at something. And the small gain over Aemond was a small victory in the battle to come. Aerglo wanted him and he would have him.

Aemond's ten and nine years would be celebrated with a tournament, which the birthday boy had only one hatred for. They wanted him to compete and Aerglo had winked at him every day since he signed up. He wanted another fight against the not-so-younger, now that they shared the same age.

"Why can't you fight me?" Aerglo questioned while chasing him through the castle corridors, everyone was in a frenzy around the castle and Aemond was trying to escape to the library, but he had a young man always following him.

"Why would I want to have an attempt to die on my birthday, red knight?" He questioned Aemond, using the knight's name of Aerglo, a sardonic smile playing across his lips. As he opened the library door, greeting a Maester who took a position near it.

"Nyke would mērī ossēnagon ao, isse mēre ñuhoso." I would only kill you, in one way. Aerglo whispered, matching Aemond's every step, bringing his chin to his shoulder as the words were sighed.

"Shut up, for gods sake. You don't leave me alone a day, even before my own day." Aemond complained as he glanced at the bookshelves. Aerglo walked away for a few seconds later with a book, extending in front of Aemond. 'Manners in the chamber' read on the cover. "How did you find that shit so fast?" Questioned the boy, pushing the book against the other.

"Why are you so angry?" Questioned Aerglo, putting his hand on the book that Aemond would pull out.

"You didn't stopped annoying me for a week now." Aemond complained. Aerglo agreed with him, but had no intention of angering him. He was excited about his name day, and was trying every minute to stay close to the boy, except for the nights, when he spent the night turning over and remembering all the details of the day, to incorporate into the sketch painting of the day on the beach.

"I am more looking forward to your own day than you are." growled Aerglo, as he saw Aemond pull his book that he supported his hand, and again the boy was chasing him through the castle. "Why don't you fight me?"

"Why don't you shut the fuck up?"