Chapter Fifteen

The two white-haired boys found in each other's arms a home and a comfort that could only exist there. Aerglo had left the room after saying goodbye, it was almost time that Aemond needed to introduce himself, for his first celebration.

Aerglo was running and jumping down the hall, a magnificent smile on his lips. He was in a dance walking through the corridors, when he noticed that he had completely missed the path, so more focused he headed to the throne room.

His smile lessened more and more, each time he took a step towards the place, his mouth became a straight line, so when he entered, his lip was kept in a serious look. Aerglo swept his gaze around the hall. Seeing at least five vertical tables, crammed with people, all in support of celebrating Aemond's day. It was the first time they would hold a tournament in his name, so the strongest houses were excited to show their power to the king's second son.

Aerglo narrowed in order to pass through the absurd amount of people and noticed that the royal family had not arrived yet, but with the passing hours they certainly would. He passed a few tables, shaking hands with anyone he recognized. He had already found the two occupants of his house who stood out with their yellow colors. Nymeria and Blane were at the end of the table, as close as they could get to the iron throne, which stood in all its glory behind the table where its occupant would sit.

"Good Morning!" He wished, as he watched Blane get to his feet. They answered him with a tone above their voice, due to the noise that circulated in the room. A song was already sung by the bards, it told about a gentleman who loved too much. His faithful squire offered his place to Aerglo, who saw confusion under his gaze.

"We are not in OldCastle anymore, brother." Nymeria reminded him, Aerglo offered a grimace and took Blane's place, the same resting his hand on top of the white haired boy's shoulder.

"I'll be on some table, anything screech like an owl, twice, three like a bird and a roar." Blane teased, drawing laughter from Aerglo, who kissed his sister's cheek and thought about trying to make up for the time that was gone.

"No problem, I'll remember for sure once Aegon walks through that door." He nodded towards the door behind the throne and Blane tightened his grip on his shoulder and whispered 'Good Luck' in his ear and withdrew, leaving the two siblings at the end of the table. To their left Jason Lannister and Tyland were talking quietly. Aerglo waved to the two and was received equally.

The music had stopped before he tried to talk to his sister. He looked across the table at her and raised an eyebrow, the two quickly turned their faces towards the door. The conversation dwindled further and further, and quickly the room fell silent. The king walked with great difficulty to the middle of the table, his wife at his side, helping him in disguise.

It was the first time Aerglo had seen him, with a golden mask, which covered half of his face. The boy couldn't help imagining that a war was much closer, Otto's greed wouldn't let Rhaenyra take the throne. His father, Maegor, had sworn his allegiance to the Crown Princess, if the hand really took that course, the boy would have to say goodbye to King's Landing, because their loyalty was as great as that of a Stark.

Aerglo rose quickly, being pulled by the arm by Tyland, when he began to wander in his thoughts and had not been respectful to the royal family. Aemond was coming in behind his father when he saw Perzys' wide eyes and he opened a small smile, which was quickly removed and the whole family sat down at the table.

Aemond to his mother's left, his father to the right, Otto Hightower and his brothers in sequence, when the boy finally sat down, everyone sat down too. The hand of the king and his grandfather, rose.