Chapter Thirteen

Aerglo was sitting looking at the canvas. Noticing every detail as he remembered that afternoon on the beach. The deities all facing Aemond, as an equal. Since the Targaryens were said to be the Gods in Westeros, or at least part.

It was late at night when he defined, after three days, that he didn't need any adjustments. Every measly detail compared to perfection. The sapphire eye was on a headboard, long since molded. The only problem with finishing work with Aemond is that the time of Aegon would arrive.

Not caring about the time itself, where the darkness consumed all of the castle, apart from the candles, he walked through the halls of the castle, the eye carefully placed in a box, and the painting in his hand. It was already a common occurrence to see, from the servants, that the boy painted at night, and the gossip reached the guards, that some of them still circulated among the castle and looked indifferently at the horizontal painting in Aerglo's hand.

The young Perzys positioned himself in front of Aemond's room, he had caught the changing of the guards well, so he didn't bother to mention the subject to anyone, because it hadn't none there. He just walked in silently, closing the door behind him. Aemond's room was almost twice the size of his, the steed, placed around the bed, closed, one would think the boy was sleeping, but a light came from within.

"Aren't you afraid of catching fire in your bed?" He questioned Aerglo, making it clear that he was in the room and saw the steed's curtains open. A startled Aemond stared at him.

"What the fuck are you doing in my room?" The questioning this time came from Aemond. A very fair question, if you ask the boy with the red eye.

"The changing of the guards." He explained, without explaining much, seeing the boy's face between the curtains. "Give me that lamp, I have something to show. Later it would be impossible to talk to you." He asked Aemond, showing the painting in his hand, for the boy to lift the object, illuminating Aerglo. "Get up, what are you waiting for." He questioned and saw the man getting up, a little doubtful, leaving the book he was reading aside, his arm outstretched with the object, starting to give light to the rooms, showing more and more the shape of Perzys. Stretching out his hand to hand it to Aerglo, who little by little lit the candles present in the room, including the fireplace.

Aerglo placed the lamp on a table in the corner of the room, being able to perceive the immensity that was the rooms and Aemond fully notice the picture in the boy's hand, as the Perzys picked it up with both hands, already framed.

Aemond smiled to see himself in the painting, meeting Aerglo halfway. He smiled at him, before taking the painting offered to him. It was wonderful, Targaryen without dragons were nothing compared to others and Vhagar stared at him as he knew his dragon had been named after that deity.

Aemond stared at his image for a few seconds, stunned by the talent he had already heard about, had already seen paintings sold, had even bought one, hidden under a different name.

"It is wonderful." Aemond finally answered him, while Aerglo stared at him with an apprehensive smile, thinking that his skills faded when compared to the beauty with Aemond, which he would be unable to capture.

Aemond leaned the painting against the wall, where another painting, from an unknown, was and quickly made the switch. Aerglo finally truly smiled as he saw Aemond face the gods and himself at his wall.

"Congratulations on your day, Prince Aemond." Aerglo congratulated him, after seeing the boy stare at the painting for a long time, in fact marveling at the gift. "Just don't tell Aegon..." The boy was cut off by a rare display of affection, arms wrapped around him in a hug, taken by surprise, he was slow to react, reciprocating the gesture with a smile.

"Thank you Ser Aerglo Perzys." He answered the speech in the same formality, but with a tenderness in his voice not easily found around the castle. Perhaps in Helaena's chambers, now with her lady-in-waiting, Nymeria, but not so close to Aemond's chambers... The embrace lasted a few seconds, neither wanting to let go, finally it was Aerglo who broke away, passing his hand from Aemond's back to his shoulder and staring into the candlelight at Aemond.

"Not finished." Aerglo warned, and suddenly bent to his knees. Taking the small box out of his pocket.

"My hand is more expensive than a wooden box." He warned Aemond, with a smile, and the image of the boy on his knees, changed something in his mind that would disturb him, again, when he slept. Aerglo smiled as he opened the box. Even in the candlelight the sapphire gleamed in the eyes of the kneeling boy.

"I know this one you can't see, but it has his style. It will be uncomfortable at first, but then I believe you get used to it. I never made an eye." Aerglo stammered and handed the box to Aemond's hands, who took it, not the box, but the whole boy and again pulled him into a hug.

"It's perfect, Aerglo, don't worry." He said after dismounting from Aerglo's arms and pulling Perzys' head towards him, pushing away his hair from his forehead and kissing it.

Aerglo paused there, leaning his forehead closer to Aemond's lips and a smile played across his lips, threatening to become a bigger one with each passing second. Eyes closed at the mere touch of a lip against him. Even if it wasn't where he wanted the kiss to be, every second there counted as an hour.

"Do I not piss you off anymore?" He questioned as they separated, after their eyes met for a few seconds, his hand found Aemond's again, placing the box in his hands, holding it for longer than it should, but again neither of them cared.

"Ao dōrī orgoz nyke" You never piss me off. Aemond answered him, taking the box from his hand and finally Aerglo released his, but a smile did not fail to escape his lips.

"Although I've lit candles to light the entire dragonpit and it's just as hot, I don't trust us trying it now." Aerglo warned him, as he watched the face, admired by the stone, which would soon become his eye.

"You're going to put it in the wrong eye and I don't want too many people to see it, not for now, I want a surprise. You will be the first to see it and daylight will help me put it on." Aemond warned him, it was an invitation, in the morning he would be back in his room.

"When you wake up, dismiss your servants, I will help you." Aerglo smiled, wanting his help to more than put the eye in, or take something else out. "Good night, Aemond. Tomorrow is a long day."

"Good night, jorrāelagon." Aemond wished, after hearing the last steps of Aerglo, leaving through his door, almost in a whisper the last part, but heard by Perzys and with a scorching smile he marched back to his room, to try to sleep, while Aemond turned to sleep. Aemond went to his bed, placing the box on the desk and trying to do the same thing.

Neither white-haired boys slept that night.