Cold

Hetty's house.

'Called the team and told them we won't be coming in today. How you feeling?' Granger asked.

(Blowing her nose). 'I'm sniffly, sore, and have no energy or appetite. How do you think I feel?!' Hetty nasily exclaimed.

'Well, I'll be here all day in case you need me. Try to rest.'

'Easy for you to say.'

That afternoon.

'Been asleep since morning, Gotta say, seeing her sleep for so long, knowing that she's ailing, is kind of tough.' Granger said when Callen called.

'Well, beats seeing her in a hospital bed, that's for sure.' Callen reminded him.

'I know. When she wakes up, she'll be grumpy, probably will want soup, and probably nothing I say will help her feel better.'

'Well, being ill and too tired to move about can really dampen a person's mood.'

'What can I do? I hate seeing her like this.' Granger asked.

'Hmm. I may have an idea. Just hope everyone else is up to it.'

That evening.

'How you feeling?' Granger asked when Hetty woke up.

'Sore, hungry, needing to pee. In other words, still sick.' Hetty replied, sniffly.

'Want some soup?'

'It's the only thing I can eat, so yeah, I suggest you get on it.'

Later.

'Anything else I can do?' Granger asked while Hetty ate her soup.

'Unless you can magically make me feel better, no, you can't.' Hetty grumbled.

Then the doorbell rang.

'Oh great. Who would be ringing here at this time of day?' Hetty unhappily muttered.

Granger then came back upstairs with her team!

'What are you all doing here? I'm not dying, just a little under the weather.' Hetty said, surprised.

'Granger was concerned about trying to help you feel better. So, I figured seeing all of us could help.' Callen replied.

'And he said he'd give us all presents if we came.' Deeks jumped in.

'I never said that.'

'Shoot.'

'Look, this is all very sweet. But I'm not mad at him. I just hate feeling like this. Him being so nice, me feeling too sore to do anything. It sucks!' Hetty interjected. 'Besides, what's so nice about seeing the boss look so down?'

'Reminding her that we all want her to get better?' Kensi replied.

'And that getting to be looked after isn't the worst thing in the world?' Eric replied.

'And that she's loved?' Nell interjected.

'And that being stuck in a warm bed all day doesn't mean she's weak? It just means that you're in recovery.' Sam interjected.

Hetty felt so touched, she almost cried.

'Ohhh, you are all so amazing!' She sniffled. 'Achoo!'

'Bless you!' They all said in unison.

'Thank you (sniff). Owen, thank you. And you can say all the sweet stuff to me all you want, I like it all, even if I sound grumpy when you say them.'

'That's reasurring. Because I wasn't sure how much longer I could go without telling you it'll all be okay! (giggling).' Granger happily replied.

'Aww!' Everyone said.

'Can um, can we have a private moment?' Hetty asked.

Everyone took off.

Getting the soup out of the way. 'So, what did you want?' Granger asked.

'What have you been wanting to do with me all day?' Hetty replied.

'Well, lie next to you, stroke your hair, hum to you while you fall asleep. Sound too cheesy?'

'No. In fact, if you take those dishes downstairs, you can do all of that.'

When he came back upstairs after dropping the dishes off, Hetty was half asleep.

'Get over here, I'm still awake!' She muttered, sensing he was considering backing out.

'Yeah, yeah I knew that.' Granger sheepishly replied.

It was a very peaceful night. Even in her ill state, Hetty still felt very comforted being in a loved one's arms, especially when he was humming 'Just the way you are'.

'Because you're amazing, just the way you are.' Granger softly sung.