GrandChildren - Boden Daughter!Reader

Characters: Chief Boden x Daughter!Reader, Kelly Severide, Sylvie Brett

Warnings: Swearing, ex boyfriends, mentions of abortion

Summary: It's your dad's first grandchild.

*****

Shizzles. Shit. Fuck. Goodness sakes. Fudge. Flip flop. Oh no. Fuck sakes.

All the curse words and alternative curse words ran around your mind because long story short, you were fucked, big time.

This wasn't what you had planned for yourself. You had your entire life planned out and so far, it had gone perfectly till now.

You were content, over the moon happy with life and even when you found out, your mood hadn't changed till last night.

Fuck men, what are they good for?

Blowing out a puff of air, fingers drumming against the steering wheel as you were parked outside the firehouse. You had been half an hour early, hoping to have time to spill the news but you had wasted so much time over thinking and contemplating that shift was now starting in five minutes.

The thin piece of folded paper weighed you down as you got out your car, slamming the door shut and staring at the building in front of you as fear loomed over you.

"Are you going to keep staring or are you going to go inside?"

The voice scared you, screaming and jumping away from the person suddenly standing next to you. Your hands went to your chest, clutching your uniform for dear life as you sighed in relief when nothing fell out of your pockets.

"Lieutenant." You said shakily before clearing your voice, shaking your head as you collected all thoughts and feelings. "Hi, hello, hey, good morning, afternoon, evening, greetings, salutations, what's up, you good? How are you? You look great, fresh and ready for the day." You rambled.

Kelly watched you with an apprehensive smile, going from a bright friendly one to a confused and slightly worried one. Nodding his head slowly, his eyebrows slowly furrowed with the slightest smile. "You good Y/N?"

Biting the inside of your cheek, you frantically nodded, your ponytail bopping up and down along with you. You had known the people of this firehouse, this shift for so long that at times, they knew you better than you knew yourself.

Quickly changing the subject, you pointed towards the firehouse, struggling to maintain eye contact with your friend who was analysing you. "Let's go inside yeah? We've got like three minutes before we're late."

Slowly, Kelly nodded, and you walked off not waiting for him to follow you.

Sighing in relief, your legs automatically lead you through the halls of the firehouse as you were once again caught up in your thoughts.

Checking the time, finding you had one minute left, you chucked your bag into your locker before speeding off to the briefing room, not forgetting to close the door behind you, learning from experience.

You made it just in time, sliding into your 'designated' seat, sheepishly smiling at your father who was watching you scramble in, his brow raised in amusement before shaking his head and starting the briefing.

At first, honestly, you were listening but then your hands found their way into your pockets and felt the laminated paper, making your eyes drift from your dad to your abdomen.

Snapping out of reverie, Sylvie elbowed you when she noticed your lack of attention. Tilting her head to the side, she smiled at you sympathetically when she noticed your barely visible eye bags that you covered with makeup.