High Pt1 - Connor Rhodes

Characters: Every other character from Intelligence, Connor Rhodes x Reader.

Warnings: Mentions of Drugs, swearing, violence, very brief murder.

Summary: Long story short, your undercover goes wrong.

Part One of Two

*****

You were in your element. Everything had gone smoothly and was going to continue like so unless anyone was prepared to plan their funeral.

Technically, this was a drug bust but for that to happen, Intelligence needed some inside info which meant someone going undercover. Of course, you were the first to volunteer.

Previously, before transferring to Intelligence, you used to be in Narcotics, and it was always your strong suit. Your parents were both involved in drugs, it got messy very fast and before you were even in high school, your mother overdosed, and your father was killed as payment for his debts. Ever since then, you dedicated your life in preventing that from happening to anyone else.

No one had a reason to object and after several reruns of the plan, assurance of code words and your team wishing you the best of luck despite knowing you wouldn't need it, it still felt necessary. You were pretty damn good at your job and had the best team behind you.

Looking around the very, very dimly lit room, the few LED lights changing from one vibrant colour to the next, irritating you when the colour changed to a dark blue, red or green that made it difficult to see properly.

It was getting later and later into the night. You hadn't slept in over 24 hours or so, you were beginning to lose count and all you wanted to do was go home and cuddle with your cat, maybe call your boyfriend if he wasn't at work.

You made sure to call him before leaving the precinct, briefly telling him what you were doing and saying you'd call him once everything was over.

Little did you know of the events about to unfold.

Your dress was pretty simple, nothing fancy that you were wearing for a second time, the first time being when you wore it to some charity event at the end of last year with Connor. You had nothing else so why put such an expensive dress to waste.

The dress was all black, coming down above your knees. The sleeves were sheer black, a little poofed at your shoulders as it reached down to your thumb, cuffing at your wrist. Exiting the break room all dressed up received several whistles and compliments upon compliments that were nothing but teasing coming from the team.

Yawning, you covered mouth as a reflex but took the few seconds to speak. "I may as well be blind with these lights, you got anything for me?"

In reply, you got several voices replying with no but all saying it in their own way making you groan loud enough that only they would hear, ignoring the few snickers you received.

Tapping your fingers against the bar, one finger after the other as you went from your pinky, to your ring, middle and then index, repeating several times and getting into a rhythm that made the tapping sound soothing. It was something you often did when you were bored, the sound always annoyed Connor but that only made you continue, going faster.

Your eyes dragged around the room again, looking for any abnormalities as the lights changed colour again. You let yourself inspect every other person you laid eyes on, girls were drunk, couples were dancing together, and you were sure that in the dark corner you would find people making out and some maybe even going further than just kissing.

You felt yourself heave at the sight of a couple going at it like bunnies in the further corner of the room. Normally, since it was the darkest part of the entire place, you wouldn't have noticed but there were spotlights.