Attempted Kidnapping - Jay Halstead

Prompts 22, 23 and 38.

22 Let's get you out of these handcuffs.

23 We should get you to the hospital

38 Bite me

Characters: Jay Halstead x Reader, Hailey Upton

Summary: The aftermath of your attempted kidnapping.

A/N: This was requested so long ago, I'm sorry it took this long to write and publish but I kinda got lost in GCSE prep.

*****

You underestimated the power of handcuffs. Yes, you used it every day for work but that was on other people, you'd never found yourself in one till now and you felt like apologising for your aggression when you arrested criminals but then again, they were criminals, so no apology was needed.

"Bite me."

Huffing, you glared at the man who dropped unconscious, lying on the floor looking pretty dead but with his chest rising and falling steadily, you knew he was alive but just out for the count.

The handcuffs were tight, so despite your hands being in front of you and not behind your back, your movements were minimalised and there was only so much you could do.

With shaky legs, you made your way around the warehouse looking for where your kidnapper had chucked all of your belongings. If you could find your radio or even phone, you'd be able to let someone know your location since you could still move your fingers.

You didn't even have the chance to climb the stairs, exhaustion catching up to you as you squatted, catching your breath, and taking a break but your legs were too weak to hold your weight which led to you sitting cross legged on the cold concrete.

If you weren't so tired, you'd be laughing. How you got kidnapped was beyond you, but it was definitely hilarious.

You were on the lunch run today and just as you collected the food, ready to put it in your car, you caught sight of men fighting in broad daylight and the officer in you took charge.

That's how you then found yourself waking up to being dragged by some ashy hands into this warehouse and your kidnapper had undermined you, allowing you to push him around a bit till he fell unconscious.

Licking your lips, you were surprised that they weren't chapped at all as you could taste a light hint of the chapstick you put on earlier today.

Just as you were going to get up and try to get up the stairs despite your inability to breath normally, you heard sirens before you saw the red and blue flashes through the murky windows.

You smiled at the familiar sound that assured you that there was no need to get up. God bless Intelligence.

Shouts soon echoed in the warehouse, all shouting 'Chicago PD' as they spread out, going their own ways as they looked for you and your kidnapper.

You would shout, alerting the team where you were but right now, you really couldn't be asked and you knew them, they'd come across you eventually.

And you were right. Shoes pounding against the concrete as they rounded the corner, guns held up as a precaution but as soon as the first person of the pair caught sight of your cross-legged figure, guns were lowered.

"Wassup?" You smiled lazily at the pair, waving with both hands.

"Are you okay? You hurt?" Jay immediately dropped to his knees, gun in his holster as he pushed your hair back to inspect what looked like bruises all along your arms and face.

Hailey was behind him, letting everyone know via radio that they found you and were all in one piece.

"I'm good, nothing but a bruised ego." You said, poorly pushing away his hands as he inspected everything he could see that looked a little off. "Also really, like really tired."

Your boyfriend took note of your eyes that were struggling to stay open, smiling as you yawned, covering your open mouth with the back of one hand but the other being dragged along with it.

"Let's get you out of these handcuffs." He said, finally noticing the metal bracelets you were wearing.

"Please." You begged, pushing your hands towards his chest, ignoring his chuckles at your desperateness. "Don't laugh, this isn't funny."

Jay nodded, acting as if he believes you. Frowning, you looked behind his shoulder at Hailey who smiled at you. "100 bucks I bet he was ripping his hair out when I didn't come back."

Ignoring his glare, you continued to stare at Hailey who pretended to think on what you said. "Something like that." She said, shrugging her shoulders.

"She's lying." Jay interjected before either of you could do anymore damage. "I was worried because you didn't come back with our lunch, you know we missed breakfast." He looked at you expectantly, pushing the blame all onto you.

Your brain felt like mush, no sort of comeback coming to mind as you pouted in silence as your hands were freed from imprisonment.

Sighing in relief, you rubbed your bruised wrists to relieve the pain you thought would never end. Mumbling a thank you to your boyfriend for the miracle he performed, you let your head fall onto his shoulder, eyes closed as you breathed in his comforting scent.

"Gosh, I love you." You said into his neck, feeling as his body vibrated against yours when he laughed.

"Mhmm." Jay looked down at you adoringly, his tone playful and filled with faux disbelief.

"Let's get you to the hospital." He poked your bicep, looking up at Hailey as he mentioned the hospital.

Humming against his skin, you heard Hailey's retreating steps and the two of you were finally left alone.

"Is the food still in my car?" You asked, allowing him to carry half your weight on his side as you walked very slowly. "I'm starving."

"We all are considering someone selfishly decided to get kidnapped." He humoured you as you used all your effort to pick your head up and glare at him.

"No one's letting this go, are they?"

"Nope."

A/N: This was requested on tumblr so long ago, I'm sorry it took this long to write and publish but I kinda got lost in GCSE prep. I'm also kinda obsessed with this one as well.