Chapter 16

"You know, sometimes I look in the mirror and hate what looks back at me." He says before sighing, "Sometimes I just want to-"

"Stop." I say and he looks at me, "Why would you want to kill yourself and leave everyone behind?"

He stays silent before I stand up, "Wait."

"What?" I irritatedly ask while putting a hand on my hip, "Don't make any excuses of why and just tell me."

"I... I feel like a failure. Anna's dead because I couldn't do anything to find her and help her." He says before tears of both sorrow and rage start to form in his eyes, "I'm no good to anyone unless I'm fighting and even then it's just for myself."

"That's not true." I say before walking closer to him, "You're a shoulder that someone can lean on if they need it, I know from experience."

"You're just saying that. You're basically the only person I'm friends with and you know that." He says before sighing as I sit next to him on his bed, "Anyways, the others are just... there."

"What do you mean by that?" I ask and he goes to say something but stops himself, "You can tell me, it won't leave this room."

"I don't mind their company but at the same time it just doesn't feel like they actually care to be around me. It's like they're only there because you're around." He says before I wrap my arm around him, "What are you doing, Eve?"

"Giving you something that you've been needing since I met you." I say before breaking the half-hug, "I'll see you later, Y/N."

I slowly wake up in my bed and turn over on my side before drowsily reaching for my phone. I turn it on and immediately dim the brightness before seeing it's in the afternoon and a text from Kai'sa telling me to call her.

I open my contacts and scroll until I find hers and she instantly answers, "What's going on, Bokkie?"

"He's going to be fine." She says before sighing, "But..."

There's always a but, just hit me with it." I tiredly say sitting up.

"He's going to be getting out tomorrow night and we'll be looking after him of course, he's being prescribed some medication too." She says and I yawn, "One of us will have to stay with him everyday while the rest of us keep up our appearances."

"I'll work on something for that. Ahri's off of it for now since, well, I know you've seen." I say getting up, "But I'll see you later."

"Yeah." She says before hanging up.

I walk over to the stand up mirror and look at myself before walking away from it.

Akali's POV

I look up from my phone at Y/N as he lies on the bed asleep still.

"Doctor told me they're officially discharging him tomorrow night." Kai'sa says to me when she walks in the room, "I noticed you've gotten close to him in the week you've known him."

"He reminds me of myself in a way I guess," I say looking at her, "learned a lot that night I helped him relieve some stress from that mess of a party."

"Like?" She asks sitting across from me.

"Personal shit, stuff that's between the two of us." I say and she slightly nods.

"So you're sticking around for a while I guess." She says and I nod, "Well that means I'm going to talk to Eve about which one of us is keeping an eye on him first."

"Keep Ahri-" I start saying before she nods and I stop myself, "Already one step ahead."

"Eve is, already said that when she called me." She says before standing up, "Well you be careful when you leave."

I quietly laugh to myself as she walks by me. Me? Be careful? That's like trying to mix water and oil together.

She walks out and I lightly touch the faded rose tattoo, "In memory of Anna L/N."

"She was his younger sister." A man says in a Freljordian accent as he walks in the room with a white haired Freljordian woman who looks oddly familiar, "After she died, he stopped coming back to the Freljord entirely and basically cut off contact with the entire family but me."

"That's something he never told me about." I say before seeing the man looking at me strange, "Yeah?"

"Are you the girl he was sleeping with?" He asks and I feel my cheeks heating up, "I'm just glad he's finally found someone."

"We met through a mutual friend about five months ago." I lie before looking back at Y/N, "Don't know what really happened to him, he had to lean on the wall so he wouldn't fall."

"Strange." The man says before sighing, "I was expecting him to be awake by now, guess we'll have to come back tomorrow."

"Seriously?" The woman asks, "Tryndamere, he's clearly out of it right now and who knows when he'll wake up."

The man named Tryndamere walks out clearly not wanting to argue about this in public and then the woman follows him out mumbling to herself.

"She's clearly not on good terms with Y/N." I think to myself looking back at his tattoo, "But what happened to your sister?"