F o u r

Time skip 7 years (Kota is now 15)

I groan as I lay on the floor. I've been thrown to the ground once again from my so-called teacher Akaza.

"Akaza-dono, go easy on me! You know that you're way better than I am!"

"I am going easy on you, so stop complaining! Do you want to get better or not?" He claps his hands twice which is a cue for me to 'get your butt up and charge me before I make you do 100 more push-ups'. 

I shoot a glance at him and pull myself up, getting ready to charge him.

"Why, why, Akaza-dono~ Don't go so hard on my sweet little angel!" I hear a voice by the doorway.

"Dad!" I yell, flying into his arms. "Akaza-dono is sooooooo meannn!" I wail. He chuckles and pats my head.

"I'm not mean. You just suck." Akaza says, shrugging. Sometimes that guy can be too honest.

"Aw, Akaza-dono. Sometimes you need to lie a little bit. You're way too honest~!" Dad says, letting go of me.

"I don't lie, especially in front of women, and especially ESPECIALLY in front of young girls!" 

"It would've been better if you lied about me being sucky at fighting.." I mummer under my breath.

Dad hears it and laughs a little. Hes laugh seems so full around me. But with other people, I can't help but find it a little... hollow. 

"Akaza-dono, I'd really like to have a break today. Please?" I ask, trying my best to make him feel a little bad for throwing me to the ground 10 times today.

He glances over to me and looks straight into my eyes. He groans and agrees. "Fine. Get some rest and wash up. You smell horrible."

"Yay! Thanks!" I squealed, dashing out of the room before he changes his mind. I can hear my dad and Akaza talking, which I ignore completely. 

"I heard there is going to be a small festival tonight in the village," I hear someone whisper. It was one of the kitchen girls. "I wish I could go, but unluckily I'm not allowed."

A festival? Tonight? I want to go! 

I hurry into my room to pick out some clothes for the festival.

Wait. I'd have to ask my dad... I think he'll say yes. . . I hope he'll say yes-

I shake my head. Clothes first, asking later. I quickly pick 3 that I like. I layed my favorite red, blue and green kimono on my futon, examining them carefully. 

Not the red one, I hate red. It reminds me of blood, and I absolutely am terrified of blood. It's still pretty though... whatever, I'll have to narrow them down to one anyway. I like the color of blue, but I don't really like the patterns on them... I guess green it is!

I put the red and blue kimono back into my closet as neatly as possible. I never had to fold my laundry, or do my laundry all my life. There were always servants who did them for me.

I slide my door open and start looking for dad. He must say yes, he must say yes. After a few minutes of walking around, I spot him talking to Akaza still. Akaza looks really annoyed, while dad is smiling widely probably annoying him.