E l e v e n

Kota's POV

I need to get my mind organized. We just got teleported magically, now we're in a different room. Akaza, Kokushibo and dad seems to know who this new guy is. What's his name, Muzan?

I tug on Yasu's haori. "Umm, dumb question. Do you know how we got here?" I whisper, trying to be as quiet as possible.

She looks at me. "Blood demon art."

A wha-?

"Does anyone care to explain to me why you guys were with some humans?" Muzan asks with an icy tone.

None of the people speak up. It's dead silent. 

"No one? I guess I can just kill-" he snarls, but stops and look at me. Actually, not me. Someone beside me.

Yasu is staring directly towards him. There are no fears in her eyes. She's so brave.

"What." She snaps, crossing her arms. Akaza's eyes widen.

"Those stupid earrings..." Muzan trembles. "Who are you?" 

Wow, a demon is trembling at Yasu! She must be very strong.

"What kind of question is th- mmgh!" Yasu speaks, but Kokushibo quickly covers her mouth.

"She is no one... Master Muzan..., This girl over here..." He points at me, "Found her in... the woods... injured.."

"Hey, why are you bringing me into this?" I frowned, crossing my arms.

Muzan glances at me, and back at Yasu. He waves his arms, which results in Kokushibo letting go of Yasu's mouth.

"Your name, human?" He asks, pointing at her.

"..Yasu." She answers, avoiding eye contact.

Muzan raises his eyebrows. "Full name?"

Yasu is silent. I suddenly remembered that she has no last name. But my real question is, how? If she was adopted, she would have a last name. Did she grow alone? But that'll be impossible!

Suddenly, Muzan's arm gets a hold of Yasu's throat. I gasp, covering my mouth before I scream. 

"Last time I'll ask you this. What is your full name?" He sneers, gripping her throat more hardly. 

"Master Muzan...?" Kokushibo suddenly speaks. Muzan turns his head towards him. "Humans... if they can't breathe.. they can't speak... I suggest letting go... of her..."

Muzan frowns, but listens to him. He tosses Yasu across the floor, where she lay panting. She took several deep breaths, and she was herself again. 

"I- I don't have a last name!" Yasu stutters, crawling slowly next to me. I'm glad that she came crawling towards me. I'm terrified and I wouldn't mind a slayer next to me. 

Muzan scoffs. "Do you think I'll believe that lie? Everyone has a last name. How ridiculous." 

Yasu just stares at the floor, unable to answer. I can't believe I'm thinking this, but Muzan is right. Everyone should have a last name. 

"Yasu," I spoke softly. She raises her head. For the first time, she looks terrified. "I know I haven't known you for long, but just please say your last name so we'll live! Please, Yasu."

I feel sorry because I know this is a lot of pressure right now. Literally our life is on the line.  

"It seems like these humans need some time. I can't believe I'm doing this, but take these girls to another room, where they'll be staying. They aren't going to leave until Yasu tells me her last name. She's interesting, and reminds me of someone. If I can just figure it out..." Muzan sighs and shoos us off. With another 'bwing', he is out of our sight.

I let go of the breath I was holding. "What in the world is going on?" I finally spit out, making Akaza and Kokushibo stare at me. My father is as calm as ever.

"I-I..." Yasu whispers, scratching her head. "Am I really in a room with the 3 most strong uppermoons right now? How am I not dead?!" She starts to panic, making her breathe faster every second.

Now it's my time to question. "What the heck are uppermoons?"

"They're the strongest of all demons." Yasu answers, trying to calm herself down. Her head shoots up, and she shouts "Am I going to die??"

"Good question. At least you're trained. Am I going to die?" I panic with her, making father look at me.

"Darling~ you aren't going to die! I'm here to keep you safe!" He says, putting his arms around my shoulders. I ease down a little bit. But how is he suppose to protect me when we're with the strongest demons?

I glace up and look into my father's eyes. I see something that wasn't there before.

'Uppermoon two'