N i n e

Kota's POV

I stare at him. He stares at me.

"Uahhhhhh?????" I yell, scooting away. But he is infront of my eyes in a second. Again.

"You look... interesting. Why does... Douma talk about you... a lot?" He asks, poking my cheeks.

"You know my dad?" I questioned, not answering his question.

He stops poking me. '"..dad?"

I nod. What's with people and Douma being my dad? Like, is it that surprising? 

"I never... knew he was your dad... But I must get... going now. " He stammered, and was out of sight before I could say anything.

How does that demon thing know my dad? I stir in my questions when Akari appears behind me.

"Miss Kota, I took the injured girl to your room. She is waiting there now," she says before quickly bowing and scurrying off. 

I get up and make myself to my room. I slide the door open and spot the girl sitting on the floor. 

"Hello!" I grin, closing the door behind me. "How are your wounds? Did Akari treat you nicely? What were you doing in the forest?" I blurt out the questions that I had.

"Oh- uh-" She starts. Her voice is pretty! "Sorry, you asked too many questions... I don't remember the first two." she smiles.

"Forget it. It's fine. So, what were you doing in the forest?" I ask. Her smile drops.

"Oh, I was just fighting a demon..." She mutters, scratching her cheek. "I'm not that strong, though."

She's a demon slayer! I scan her and see that she has beautiful dark-red hair, red eyes and a mark on her forehead. She also has one earring that looks like hanafuda earrings. Weird, but she is gorgeous! 

I hear a knock on my door. "Dearie~! Are you back?" It was dad's voice.

"Yea!" I call out, and the door slides open.

He stops. "Oh! You also brought a friend!" he smiles, making his way towards me.

"I saw her in the forest wounded. I brought her in! She's a demon slayer!"

His rainbow eyes scan the girl next to me. "Wow, you strangely look a lot like Kokushibo-dono! I wonder why.. What's your name, little one?"

Oh right. I just realized I don't even know her name yet.

"My name is Yasu..." She mumbles under her breath.

"And your last name?"

"...I- I don't have one..? Heh-"

She doesn't have a last name?? Is that even possible?

Douma clicks his tongue. "Poor girl... you could stay with us for a while!"

"I don't like the aura coming off of you." She sneers, looking straight into my father's eyes.

"Uh... okay then-" I interrupt, scratching my head. "Dad, who is Kokushibo-dono?"

"Oh! He's another friend of mine. He's not very talkative though.."

Suddenly, Yasu perks up. She looks tense.

"Yasu-san, what's wrong?" I ask, concerned. Is her injuries getting worse? 

"Demon," she mutters, grabbing her katana.

"D-demon?" I stutter, holding onto my father's arms. He just laughs and pats my head. 

The door slides open. "Hey, have you seen Doum-" Akaza steps in but Yasu's katana swings fast at him. Akaza barely dodges the attack.

"Whoa! Yasu-san, what are you doing?" I panic, scurrying over and holding her hostage. 

She twists my arm, and my hand loses grip. "I have to kill that demon!"

She goes for another swing, but is stopped by a firm grip. She slowly turns, and meets the eye of the six-eyed demon. 

"Wahhh! The demon I saw earlier!" I scream, hugging my father. He laughs. 

"Kokushibo-dono! What brings you here?"