T w e n t y - o n e

Kota's POV

We arrived at our destination shortly after running. It is now dark and the moon has shown its face. 

"Here is your ticket!" Rengoku-san smiles, and hands me my ticket. "I have some matters to take care of right now. I'll meet you back here!"

I nod and he walks away. I look around to see many people standing at the station. I wonder what kind of demon I'll see.

"Kota, is that you?" I hear a familiar warm voice call me. I turn around and see Tanjiro waving with his little group.

"Hello, Tanjiro. Good to see you here!" I smile, and glance at his back. "You brought your sister too! I always wondered, why do you carry her in a box?"

He looks puzzled for a moment. "Did I not tell you that-" He leans closer and whispers, "that she's a demon?"

"I don't think so," I say. It's either that or I just forgot. "You guys are here for the mission too?"

Tanjiro nods. "I'm not sure what a train is though."

"What?" Zenitsu gasps. "You don't know what a train is?"

Inosuke chimes in. "Is a train a demon?!?!"

"You have to be kidding me, right? Kota-chan, do you know what a train is?"

I nod. I've seen them before. Zenitsu sigh in relief. 

"Kota, I heard you passed the final selection. Congrats!" Tanjiro smiles, giving me a thumbs up. "Are you here alone?"

"No. Rengoku-san is here somewhere..." I mumble, looking around in the crowd. 

Zenitsu scratches his head. "Where did he go, Kota-chan? The train is coming in right now."

Zenitsu was right. The train skidded into a stop, and people started boarding it. "I mean, he will catch the train, so I guess we'll go inside?"

I start walking inside the train, leaving Zenitsu to take care of Inosuke who is trying to fight the train. What an idiot. I pop my head out the train and yell at him. "Stop trying to fight the train, idiot! Get in here!"

He turns to me. "IDIOT? I'LL SHOW YOU WHO YOU'RE TALKING TO! FIGHT ME!"

I roll my eyes and board the train, Inosuke and Zenitsu running towards me. I spot Tanjiro standing in the hall and walk towards him. "Let's go find Rengoku-san."

He nods and opens the door leading to another part of the train.

"Umai!" We suddenly hear. I realize that voice. It's Rengoku-san. We spot him eating some food.

"Rengoku-san," I say walking up towards him. He is sitting and chewing happily on his food.

The trio all shuffle into one long seat, and I take a seat beside Rengoku-san.

He takes another gigantic bite of the food. "Umai!"

Tanjiro puts his box onto the floor, further from the aisle. "He really enjoys the food, huh?"

I nod. I feel a tap on my shoulders and I see a man holding a hole punching thing. "Your tickets, please."

I hold out my ticket and Rengoku-san's. I grab the trio's tickets and hand it to him too. When the man is done, he carefully gives them back to us. I hand them out.

"I'm scared." Zenitsu says, crouching. "I hate demons!"

"You passed the final selection. You'll live." I sigh, and close my eyes. Just when I'm about to drift into sleep...

"Umai!" Rengoku-san's voice make me jump up from my seat.

Tanjiro laughs a little. My eyelids are hard to keep open right now. 

"Inosuke," Tanjiro calls. "Switch with Rengoku-san and let Kota lean on you."

"HAHH? Why me??" Inosuke resists. 

"I have to take care for Nezuko here. I think she's awake. And Zenitsu is practically asleep. Please?" He pleaded, which resulted in Inosuke groaning.

"Fine! But from now on I am your superior!" He yells, and gets up. I can feel Rengoku-san getting up to sit beside Tanjiro.

Inosuke slumps in the seat next to me. 

"If I think about it," Tanjiro says while I slowly drift off into sleep. My head falls on Inosuke's shoulders. "You guys look really similar.."

--------------------

I'm half-awake but my eyes are still closed. I'm too lazy to open them. I hear Tanjiro's gasp, and I wonder what's going on.

"Wow. You guys do look the same! Like as if someone copied the face onto the other."

I yawn. "What-? Tanjiro, what are you talking about?" I ask in a tired voice.

"Kota-chan, I almost confused you for Inosuke!" Zenitsu exclaims, shaking me. I groan. 

I slowly raise my arm, and sloppily swat Zenitsu's arm away. "Don't shake me... I'm trying to sleep.."

Tanjiro laughs. "You really should get up, though. Rengoku-san went to get us food."

I pout as I raise my head from Inosuke's shoulders. I fall alseep for a second but my head hits the train window. "Ow!"

I rub my head and look towards Zenitsu and Tanjiro. "I look like who?"

"You look like Inosuke." Zenitsu answers, pointing at Inosuke.

I turn my head and see him wearing his boar mask. "How do I look anything like that? Are you insulting me?"

Zenitsu shakes his head. "No! Nothing like that! Inosuke, show her your face! She'll know what I'm talking about then!" 

The boar guy shakes his head. "NOT MY FACE! NEVER MY FACE!"

Tnajiro looks at him confused. "Why not?"

Inosuke just shakes his head.

"Are you scared because you think I'm going to make fun of your face?" I scoff. How bold of him to assume my personality.

"No! I actually never saw my face before! People just say I look like a girl!" He crosses his arms. Like a girl? I'm curious now. 

"If you never saw your face before, did you never wash your face?" I ask, making a face. 

"I only wash my face when I'm taking a proper shower! I don't focus on what I look like. Maybe you do, but I sure don't!" He gets up and starts yelling and pointing at me. What a weird guy. 

I focus back to Zenitsu and Tanjiro. "Did you guys get any sleep?"

They nod. "I had a weird dream.. but Nezuko woke me up."  Tanjiro says, scratching his head.

I suddenly remember a demon I met back in the infinity fortress. I think its name was.. Enmu? He could control dreams or something like that. I gulp, and grip onto my pants. My palms are sweating. 

"Is everything okay, Kota?" Tanjiro asks, frowning. I nod, giving my best smile. "Okay then." 

"Sorry for the delay!" Rengoku-san pops in, giving us trays of food. "I ran into some problems on the way! Please enjoy this food!"

I grab a chopstick and the tray, picking up rice and placing them in my mouth. I don't expect the food to be good, but it's better than what I had expected it to be. 

I finish up the food and clean up the tray. The food doesn't seem to be digesting, though. My stomach feels like it's upside-down. I heard that Enmu became a lower moon one, which means I can't help them fight. I can only watch. They'll get suspicious though, won't they?

I slowly walk back to our seat, but the trio is just getting up. "Where are you guys going?" I ask.

"I think I sense a demon up on the train. Let's go, Kota!"