T w e n t y - f i v e

Kota's POV

It has been a few days since Akaza fought Rengoku-san.

"Ready to go, Dear~?" Dad knocks on my door, opening it a second later.

"Yep! I have my katana here, my haori here, and my uniform here." I smile, putting on my haori. "I'll miss you."

Dad awes. "Awh~! You make me want to keep you hostage forever~!"

I laugh, putting on my belt. I grab my sword and point at him. "Get ready to die, demon!" I yell, laughing.

He puts his hand to his heart. "Ugh! I have been beheaded! Whatever shall I do?"

We giggle together and I put my sword away. I sigh. "I guess I'll have to go back to the corps now..."

"Be careful! And tell me if anyone bullies you. I'll gladly kill them right away!" Dad smiles, snap opening his fan.

"Haha, sure thing dad. I'll get going now. Love you!" I hug him, and with a sound of a biwa I'm alone in a forest. 

I jump up to the tallest tree I see. I carefully balance myself and look around. "Ooh!" I talk to myself. "There's a big town over there!"

I jump from tree to tree and arrive in the town in a matter of seconds. My eyes are welcomed by bright lights. This town seems to be a great place to fuel up.

I stop at a decent looking udon restaurant and open the door. The smell of delicious food welcomes me. I'm practically drooling.

"Oh!" I hear a cheery voice coming from inside the stall. "I'll be right there!"

I take that time to take in my surroundings. This place is not big, but it's cozy. They have warm colors painted on the walls. I'm immediately comfortable.

"Sorry for keeping you waiting. Please follow me." A middle-aged lady with a warm smile takes me to my table. "Here's your menu!"

I thank her and read the menu. Nothing is too expensive in this place! I decide to go with the Mugi Kakke.

"I'll just take this one with a cup of water, please!" I say, handing my waitress back the menu.

"Alright! The food will be here soon." She gently takes the menu from my hands, and bow before scurrying away into the kitchen. 

I sit there fiddling with my uniform when the shop's door opens. 

"We'll be right there!" Come the waitress's voice again. 

"It's okay! Take your time!!" I hear a familiar voice. Oh my God, why do I always run into people? I turn my head around and see Mitsuri. Great. She's going to ask so many questions when she sees me.

I turn my head back to my table and pray she doesn't notice me for a while. But I guess my luck is on the demon's side, because the heavens does not listen to my prayers.

"Eek! Kota!!!" Mitsuri gasps and runs to my table, staring at me in disbelief. "Wha- what??" She takes a seat beside me, hugging me tight. "Wahh!!! Kota!! I was worried about you!!!"

I choke because she's hugging me so tight. "Mit- Mitsuri... I'm okay- Can you let go of me now- please?"

She immediately lets go. "How did you survive an uppermoon?"

My brain gets to work. "Well... I used a little trick up my sleeve." I say, crossing my arms and puffing up my chest. 

"Trick?" Mitsuri asks, leaning closer. I grin mischievously. I'm sorry for what I have to say, Akaza in my imagination.

"I..." I say quietly, making her impatient. 

"You what! Kota! Tell me quick!!"

I close my eyes and smirk. "I kicked him in his no-no square."

"Uahhh???" Mitsuri freaks, putting her hands on her chin. "Is he oka- Wait, no. He's my enemy. Great job, Kota!"

I nod. I see the waitress coming with my food. I drool.

"Here's your food. Ma'am? Do you want to order anything?" The waitress asks Mitsuri, and she says she'll have the same thing I'm having right now.

When I'm inhaling my food, Mitsuri talks. "I heard you were a lot like Tomioka-san. I think you're a bit more open, tough."

"Oh," I say with my mouth full. I forgot to keep distance with her. "Yea."

"Oh, I see the resemblance now. Ooh1 Here comes my food!" Mitsuri exclaims, squealing happily. 

We both are quiet eating our food. When we are finished, Mitsuri tells me to come with her to the mansion. I agree, because what else could I say?

--------------------

When we are getting closer to the mansion, Mitsuri gasps. "I forgot to tell you something."

I hum in reply. 

"Well... the pillars are kind of suspicious of you now." She laughs nervously. She's too trusting, not going to lie. 

I smile slightly. "Hee~ They've come this far already?" I giggle under my breath. I turn to Mitsuri. "Hah? Suspicious? Why?"

She bites her lip. "Zenitsu said he heard you talking to the uppermoon."

Oh shoot. I forgot he has good ears.

"Pfft, me? Talking to an uppermoon? He probably was hallucinating because he was crying too much." I give an reasonable excuse. 

"True... but Tanjiro also was kind of suspicious of you too. Do you know Yasu?" She asks. My ear burns by hearing the name 'Yasu'.

I slowly nod. "Yea, I know her, why?"

"She was arguing with Sanemi about how he shouldn't suspect you like that. How nice of her, right?"

Yasu? Defending me? Is she brainless? She literarily saw me with the uppermoons.

"Oh, how nice." I say quietly, ending the conversation when we arrive at the mansion. Mitsuri opens the gate for me and I step in. I see Tomioka-san's head turn our way. His eyes widen.

"Kota." he says and runs towards me. He grabs me by the shoulders and studies me. "How are you not hurt? How are you alive? Are you okay?"

I've never seen him like this before.

"I'm okay, Tomioka-san." I smile slightly. I'm happy to see him. "Can we catch up later?" I want to see Yasu. Do you know where she is?"

He nods, and points at the butterfly mansion. "In there with Rengoku."

I bow and run towards the mansion. While I'm running towards that direction, I bump into Shinazugawa-san. 

He spots me and grits his teeth. "You little-"

I push him out of the way and make my way inside of the mansion. I open every single door and finally open the correct door leading to Yasu sitting beside Rengoku-san.

Their head turns my way. They freeze when they see me.

"Yasu." I quickly call out before any of them can ask me stupid questions. "I need to talk to you."

She blinks, then follows me outside to another empty room. I slide shut the door behind me.

"Why?" I ask. She looks at me.

"Why what?" She asks, looking straight at me.

"Why did you defend me? You've seen me with uppermoons. You basically know all my connections with them. So why?"