T w e n t y - s e v e n

(Tysm for 1k reads!)

Kota's POV

"W-what do you mean, Kocho-san?" I stutter, not taking my eyes off of her blade. 

"I might've heard Zenitsu say something about you during that fight, Kota! You can't lie to me~!" She says, keeping her face still. 

"Kocho-san, I don't know what you are talking about." I say calmly, trying to hide the shivers in my voice. 

"I know you're lying, Kota! I'm starting to believe Shinazugawa! You are quite suspicious. If you turn out to have something against us, I'll gladly gift you a slow and painful death!" She laughs, eyeing her chemicals on her desk. 

'You better not mess up, human.'

I hear Muzan-sama's voice echoing through my head, making my head burn. My vision blurs, and I'm struggling to breathe. 

I stumble into her blade, scratching my shoulders on it. I can't keep my balance. What is happening? 

I grab my hairpin and take it off my hair. My vision clears and I start to breathe more normally. I regain my balance and stare straight into Kocho-san's eyes. "I don't know what you're talking about."

With that, all I can think about is to get out of this place. I dash out of the room, making my way outside. 

I silence my brain from the different possibilities it's coming up with. I stare at my hairpin in my hands, and carefully put it on again. 

"I'm sorry sir," I quietly mumble. 

'If you do that again, that'll be my cue to kill you on the spot.' He sneers. 

"Of course, sir." I shiver, ending the conversation.

--------------------

After a week, I'm off to the mission with Uzui-san and the trio.

"Let's flamboyantly head to the Red light district!" Uzui-san laughs, walking out. I decided to just follow the trio. I don't have energy to deal with his 'flamboyant' attitude today.

"You're bringing Nezuko?" I ask Tanjiro who is putting on his box.

"Yea. I feel like she'll be more safe with me than Shinazugawa-san." He chuckles, catching up to Uzui-san.

Zenitsu started to cling onto Nezuko's box, begging her to marry him. Tanjiro is busy trying to get him to let go, which is not working well. Since I don't want to deal with that situation right now, I walk over to Inosuke.

"Boar guy, hey." I wave, poking him.

He turns to me. "Kota!! Are you challenging me???" 

"No! I just wanted company. If you really want to fight, I'll hang out with Zenitsu." I sigh, then start walking away.

"Hahhh??? No!!! I'm bored!!!!" He shouts, grabbing my arm. 

I laugh. "I never knew a boar could be bored!!!" I tease, making him yell at me more. 

This should keep me entertaining until we arrive.

--------------------

We arrive at a rich looking town. There were lights everywhere. It almost looked like daytime. 

"Whoa!" I exclaim under my breath. "It's so bright.."

'I sense that place is the Red light district. Uppermoon 6 is there. I'll let you kill Daki. She's useless without her brother. But don't kill Gyutaro.'

"Yes sir." I whisper under my breath, glancing around and making sure I don't look like a fool "talking" to myself. 

I smile. I can kill Daki! She would always go up to my dad and act as if he was her dad. Dad did tell me he kind of helped them, but still that doesn't make her his kid!

"Alright!" I beam, overjoyed by the fact. "What now?"

"I was thinking..." Uzui-san puts his hand to his chin. "I can make your guys servants of the people around here. But the boys won't be able to, because I can't put makeup on."

What a weird plan. "Okay. I'll switch houses every day to find the demon."

I already know what Daki looks like. It's only a matter of time before I find her. I'll still have to think of how we'll behead the siblings, because they won't die if one of them still has their head attached to their body. 

"Great! Let me just dress flamboyantly as a seller.." Uzui-san says, and with that, he runs into a shop. 

Zenitsu turns to me. "Kota-chan!!! Be careful!!"

"Yeah, be careful. Always look out for anything suspicious." Tanjiro agrees. "But please do be careful." His face expression softens. 

"Yeah yeah!" I nod. "Of course I'll be careful." 

Tanjiro looks at me with guilt in his eyes. "I'm sorry we can't go with you. You're strong, so you'll do great."

I give him a reassuring grin. He is too trusting. 

--------------------

I am now walking with the woman who bought me. She looks around forty. 

"Now, I hope you know how to clean, because you're going to get started right away." She says, leading me into a fancy room.

I pause. I just realized something.

I don't know how to clean.

In the eternal paradise cult my servants cleaned after me. How do you clean??

I try and think of how the servants cleaned back home, and copy their movements. I wipe the floors and the objects until they're sparkling. 

How did my servants do this every day? I'm already bored.

I neatly fold the Kimono that is on the floor, and put it on the table neatly. I think the room is pretty clean. 

The room slides open behind me, and I scurry over to the side. 

"Kota-san?" I hear a demonic voice call me. I look up.

I straightened my back. I don't need to be respectful around her.

"Daki. How are you doing?"