S e v e n

Kota's POV

I stare into the fan until I realize how close Lady Kochou has come with her blade. It nearly touched my neck. Well, actually I didn't really know because it was still night out. I couldn't see much.

Come on, Akaza! Where are you! I think I'm literally about to die! Well, I did leave him. He's probably looking for me now-

Suddenly a gentle, but tight hand grips around my wrist. I turn to see who it was.

Akaza!

"Sorry, Ma'am," he speaks softly. "I will be taking her to her father now. He is really worried." he finishes and starts dragging me away. Honestly, I don't mind that a single bit right now. 

"Ara ara~" Lady Kochou laughs. "What a strong aura you have. You also have a weird scent too."

Akaza starts walking faster. Lady Kochou is saying something, but I can't make the words out.

"Akaza-" I start but he shuts me up.

I pout as he drags me faster through the festival, which surprisingly is still happening. He picks me up and runs into the direction of my home, reaching it shortly after. I am awfully tired.

"Dear~!" I hear a familiar voice call. "I was so worried about you. I heard from Akaza-dono that you made some friends?"

"Hey dad," I yawn, falling into his arms. "I'm tired... I'll tell you what happened tomorrow. Can you please bring me to my room?"

He chuckles. "Of course, darling~! You seem awfully tired, so why not?" He says picking me up like a stick.

I hear dad's steady footsteps as my eyelids slowly close. I see him opening the door to my room. Before he could reach my futon, my eyes close and I fall into a peaceful sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I groan as sunlight shines through my window and onto my face. I rub my eyes and lay there for awhile.

With all my strength, I pull myself out of the warmness of my blanket. I head into the bathroom and fill a bucket with cold water. I can barely lift a hand right now. Slowly, I reach for the bucket and pour the ice-cold water onto my face. 

That woke me right up. I jumped up from where I was sitting and gasped for air. I rubbed my eyes so the water won't get into my precious eyes. 

After changing out of my night clothes, I headed out of my room to my father's. I kind of remember telling him that I'll tell him today about what happened yesterday at the festival. 

I knock on his door, where a servant is there to open. "Lord Douma, Lady Kota is here to see you," she quickly says before heading out of the room. I walk inside and the servant closes the door behind me. 

"Darling, you're awake! Now, are you ready to tell me what happened yesterday?" He asks, smiling widely.

I nod, taking a seat beside him and making myself comfortable. "So, I met these three boys. They were all nice... kind of? Well anyways they said they were people who slay demons or something." I started. I saw my father's eyes widen a little bit. He placed his right hand under his chin, which means he was interested of what I was saying.

"Go on dear." He says, grinning.

"Okay, so yeah. They said they were hunting for demons that appeared around there. I wanted to go with them but he didn't let me go... Later I met 2 hashiras." I continued carefully, leaving out the sneaking away part.

"A hashira, huh?" Father murmured under his breath, clearly curious. 

"One guy looked depressed and one lady had a butterfly clip and kept bullying the poor little depressed man."

Father perks up by this sentence. "Butterfly clip, hm? Why does that sound familiar to me?"

I just stare at him. He's really interested, huh?

An Idea pops into my brain. "Ooh, dad!"

He hums.

"Can I become a demon slayer too?"