T h i r t y - s i x [FINAL]

Kota's POV

I smile a little. Dad's right. Akaza made his decision. He must be happy... right?

"Demon!!" I hear a strangely loud voice. Inosuke?

Dad grabs me tight and jumps backwards. A blade swinging at us catches my eye. 

I look around and spot the boar mask, and another girl. I don't think I've ever met her before. I heard about her... what's her name, Kanao?

"Hee... a boar mask? Interesting!" Dad smiles, letting go of me.

Inosuke's attention slides off of dad and to me. He scoffs. "So, you really are a traitor, huh?"

I stay silent, drawing out my katana. 

Inosuke grips onto his katana tightly, and charges at dad. Dad's a fast reactor, so he swiftly moves to the side, grabbing something.

Inosuke's mask is now in his hands.

"I'll be able to see that face of yours now!" Dad laughs, tossing the mask away. 

Inosuke turns, and dad's eyes widen. He looks back and forth between me and Inosuke.

He then smiles, clasping his hands together. "It all makes sense now! I know you, Inosuke!"

I freeze. Inosuke also freezes. 

"How do you know my name, filthy demon?" Inosuke asks, tensing up. 

He points at both of us. "You guys are twins! Your face is very similar to your mother."

We stare at each other. Us. Twins. Still a weird fact even though I feel like I'm looking into my reflection.

"..Mother?" Inosuke questions. 

"Yes. She was running away! She dropped you off into a river, Inosuke. But she was too late to drop Kota off, you see! Poor soul."

It doesn't make sense.

"Didn't you say... the slayers killed mother?" I ask, turning to face dad. 

"Ah. I'm sorry, Kota. I might've lied." He apologizes, kneeling down to my height. 

So he killed mother. 

My eyes dart around the room and I see Inosuke standing there, tears forming in his eyes. Then his aura changes to pure madness. 

"You monster!!" He shouts, charging dad. The Kanao girl who's been watching this whole thing, charges too. 

They're coming in both ways, so it'll be hard for dad to block both of them off. I raise my blade and block Inosuke from touching dad. He flies backwards, but balances himself from falling.

"What the hell, Kota?! You just heard that pathetic demon telling us he killed mother!! Don't you even remember her face??" Inosuke yells, veins forming on his face.

"You might remember her," I say loud enough for him to hear. "But I don't."

He's really mad now. "Your so called 'dad' there killed so many innocent lives!! You're not listening to your blood-related family, Kota!!! You're being brainless!! Don't you understand?!"

I take a deep breath. "I don't care if he killed so many people. He raised me since I was a baby! If he didn't care, he could've just let me be and starved me to death!!" 

Inosuke scoffs. "Wow. How blind are you, Kota?"

Dad interrupts by sending sharp ice towards the two slayers standing afar. They dodge, cutting some of them.