Chapter 05

You and Darius begin marching through the airship dock to the main hall where you ,Darius , the other covern heads and their bodyguards will be seated, discussing today's matters.

"Good evening...Darius" a serpent like voice came from behind you.

"Oh great! I was wondering why the birds stopped singing" Darius sighs before finally turning around and you do too.

you are met with the Head of the plant covern .Terra snapdragon.

You immediately begin to start bowing but Darius stops you.

"No (Y/N) you may stand ,after all why would you bow at a fork tongue lizard banchee?"

you are taken aback by this but cant help but laugh under your helmet.

"silence you big headed toad!" terra hisses before the argument gets interrupted by the golden guard

"Please be quiet everyone your superior commands it" the golden guard says before taking a seat at the huge round table at the centre of the room.

"Lets get started shall we?" he says and everyone takes their seats, you obviously are sat next to Darius and so are the other covernhead bodyguards sat next to their respective covernheads.  (But there it is again that weird feeling at the bottom of your stomach)

(You choose to ignore it and continue to listen to the conversation)

The golden guard begins to speak, " As you all know The owl lady and the human are-"
"I'll continue from here since you don't know much about the topic" Darius interrupted before continuing .

"The owl lady and the human have caused some major disruptions so we have decided to set up a sting operation to catch said convicts" Darius states.

"A sting operation you say?" Terra says rhetorically

"That is what I just said isn't it?" Darius says while glaring at the now slightly unnerved plant covenhead.

"Anyway we planned before that we would use the Selkidomus to lure the owl lady and human with a lucrative bounty hunt after their owl house was raided last month"

You are uncomfortable with the idea because the Selkidomus is a peaceful creature but you decide not to say anything

"Meeting OVER" the golden guard says obviously angry Darius stole the spotlight

"Fine by me" Darius smirks before standing up and gesturing for you to follow him.

You stand up, and lead the way to the airship.

"That couldn't have ended any later" Darius sighs.

"Next stop, home"